    If you can read these lines, than is my problem resolved.

    Thanks,
    ~Vincent
    Vincent, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Vincent

    Rob Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:31:27 +1200, "Vincent"
    <> wrote:

    >"Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Do not ready test',
    >Account: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Server: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Protocol:
    >NNTP, Server Response: '441 437 EMP rejected (md5)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL):
    >No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"
    >
    >Any ideas how I can solve the problem ? Any help is greatly appreciate.
    >
    >If you can read these lines, than is my problem resolved.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >~Vincent

    I think its a problem with your ISP, has it only started doing it ?
    Rob, Jul 13, 2003

  3. On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:31:27 +1200, "Vincent" <>
    wrote:

    >"Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Do not ready test',
    >Account: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Server: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Protocol:
    >NNTP, Server Response: '441 437 EMP rejected (md5)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL):
    >No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"
    >
    >Any ideas how I can solve the problem ? Any help is greatly appreciate.
    >
    >If you can read these lines, than is my problem resolved.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >~Vincent

    Use a Real NNTP Client not the MS crap.

    Try Free Agent

    http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
    Master Tech ©, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Vincent

    Rudy Seoa Guest

    In article <bequb3$tnh$>,
    says...
    > "Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Do not ready test',
    > Account: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Server: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Protocol:
    > NNTP, Server Response: '441 437 EMP rejected (md5)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL):
    > No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"
    >
    > Any ideas how I can solve the problem ? Any help is greatly appreciate.
    >
    > If you can read these lines, than is my problem resolved.

    EMP = Excessive Multi-Posting

    content is very-similar or the same as other articles already on the
    server.
    Rudy Seoa, Jul 13, 2003
  5. Vincent

    Vincent Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:31:27 +1200, "Vincent"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Do not ready

    test',
    > >Account: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Server: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Protocol:
    > >NNTP, Server Response: '441 437 EMP rejected (md5)', Port: 119,

    Secure(SSL):
    > >No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"
    > >
    > >Any ideas how I can solve the problem ? Any help is greatly appreciate.
    > >
    > >If you can read these lines, than is my problem resolved.
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >~Vincent
    > >

    > I think its a problem with your ISP, has it only started doing it ?

    Yes, since 3 days. I have had any help,until now, from ihug.
    Vincent, Jul 13, 2003
  6. >> "Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Do not ready
    >> test', Account: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Server:
    >> 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 437 EMP
    >> rejected (md5)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441,
    >> Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"

    > Use a Real NNTP Client not the MS crap.
    > Try Free Agent

    Ignore this ranting. Ignorant people always call anything they don't have
    the intelligence to understand or use...crap

    Instead, for real help, see post re: EMP.

    Also what ng were you attempting to post to ?
    Master Tech ©, Jul 13, 2003
  7. Vincent

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bequb3$tnh$>,
    says...
    > "Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Do not ready test',
    > Account: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Server: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Protocol:
    > NNTP, Server Response: '441 437 EMP rejected (md5)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL):
    > No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"
    >
    > Any ideas how I can solve the problem ? Any help is greatly appreciate.
    >
    > If you can read these lines, than is my problem resolved.

    Is the news server a secure news server, thaty is my reading, because it
    won't work otherwise.
    Mainlander, Jul 14, 2003
  8. "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > In article <bequb3$tnh$>,
    > says...
    > > "Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Do not ready

    test',
    > > Account: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Server: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Protocol:
    > > NNTP, Server Response: '441 437 EMP rejected (md5)', Port: 119,

    Secure(SSL):
    > > No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"
    > >
    > > Any ideas how I can solve the problem ? Any help is greatly appreciate.
    > >
    > > If you can read these lines, than is my problem resolved.

    > Is the news server a secure news server, thaty is my reading, because it
    > won't work otherwise.

    Ihug does not run secure news servers.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 14, 2003
  9. Vincent

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bevkr1$d7m$>, says...
    > "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > > In article <bequb3$tnh$>,
    > > says...
    > > > "Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Do not ready

    > test',
    > > > Account: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Server: 'news.akl.ihug.co.nz', Protocol:
    > > > NNTP, Server Response: '441 437 EMP rejected (md5)', Port: 119,

    > Secure(SSL):
    > > > No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"
    > > >
    > > > Any ideas how I can solve the problem ? Any help is greatly appreciate.
    > > >
    > > > If you can read these lines, than is my problem resolved.

    > > Is the news server a secure news server, thaty is my reading, because it
    > > won't work otherwise.

    > Ihug does not run secure news servers.

    So why the SSL?
    Mainlander, Jul 22, 2003
  10. Vincent

    T.N.O. Guest

    Mainlander wrote:
    > So why the SSL?

    Errr, it says "Secure(SSL): No"
    T.N.O., Jul 22, 2003
  11. On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:39:12 +1200, Mainlander wrote:

    >> Ihug does not run secure news servers.

    > So why the SSL?

    Presumably to make it harder for someone to sniff nntp-auth sessions.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Jul 22, 2003
  12. On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:31:50 +1200, T.N.O. wrote:

    > Mainlander wrote:
    >> So why the SSL?

    > Errr, it says "Secure(SSL): No"

    "Secure(SSL): No" means it was NOT using SSL at the time it got the error

    It it was using SSL at the time it would say "Secure(SSL): Yes"

    The error back from the usenet server was

    "441 437 EMP rejected (md5)" which means you where posting to too many
    usenet groups at a time and it thought it was spam.

    441 = Cannot Continue Error (Reject)
    437 = Type of Error
    EMP = "Excessive Multiple Posts"

    Thanks