    TDK general use dvds + and -.
    Thanks

    , Jan 10, 2005

  2. PC Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > I have a quick question regarding dvds. I have made many video's and
    > put many of them on dvds. I have done a couple wedding video's for
    > family members also, and am finishing one up right now. My question is,
    > because of the problems with dvd-r and dvd+r, i have had to work with
    > them, and give them a copy of both incase if one of them doesnt work. I
    > am getting tired of this, and i want to know, if there is a dvd out
    > there, that will work on all dvd players? Is my problem with my dvd
    > burner? i am willing to put out money to get these things to work. I am
    > using a cheaper dvd burner, a lite-on, i dont remember the model #, and
    > TDK general use dvds + and -.
    > Thanks

    Lite On's generally though 'inexpensive' are usually reliable, TDK disks
    likewise are one of the more reliable brands.
    As such I would not think the problem lies there. More likely is the
    'compatibility' of individual DVD players to the + or - standard especially
    with older players.

    Unfortunately the DVD +/- compatibility issue is very frustrating (as is the
    'Zone' issue) but the anecdotal evidence suggests that - disks work in more
    DVD players than +. Having said that I myself don't have access to enough
    DVD players to reasonable judge. If there is any 'fault' it lies with vested
    interests in the DVD player manufacturers and media moguls.

    Best idea I can offer is to keep a list of which family member needs which
    type of disk.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Guest

    thanks for the info. I just have 1 question, i have a dvd-r that was
    burned by a company, i dont know which one, a wedding video company,
    and it will play on all of my dvd players, but when i burn one, it will
    only work on 1 out of the 3 dvd players. Is it just the dvd burer and
    dvd problem again? Does anyone know of any dvd's or dvd burners where i
    can burn and play the dvd's on all dvd players?
    Thanks again

    , Jan 14, 2005
  4. PC Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > thanks for the info. I just have 1 question, i have a dvd-r that was
    > burned by a company, i dont know which one, a wedding video company,
    > and it will play on all of my dvd players, but when i burn one, it will
    > only work on 1 out of the 3 dvd players. Is it just the dvd burer and
    > dvd problem again? Does anyone know of any dvd's or dvd burners where i
    > can burn and play the dvd's on all dvd players?
    > Thanks again

    Stewart

    I doubt you will ever get a 'guaranteed to run on all players' commitment
    from any maker, to many variables.
    e.g. Disk Quality, PC spec, Software, Environment, Temperature.......
    All I can say is experiment with different disk brand / burner / speed
    combinations.
    Burning at the lowest possible speed was frequently found to cure read
    problems with audio CD's, may work for DVD.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jan 15, 2005
  5. Guest

    ok, thanks for everything, but i was just confrunted, but a guy in my
    neighborhood, and he asked me if i would do a promo for his band. So,
    what am i suppost to do in this situation, where he is going to be
    giving these dvds to random people, who i dont know which format will
    work. If i have problems with formats, then his band has problems
    getting people to hire them. I could go to a company that would burn
    these dvds after i make the promo, but what exactly do these companies
    use? am i stuck, or what?
    Thanks again

    , Jan 18, 2005
  6. PC Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > ok, thanks for everything, but i was just confrunted, but a guy in my
    > neighborhood, and he asked me if i would do a promo for his band. So,
    > what am i suppost to do in this situation, where he is going to be
    > giving these dvds to random people, who i dont know which format will
    > work. If i have problems with formats, then his band has problems
    > getting people to hire them. I could go to a company that would burn
    > these dvds after i make the promo, but what exactly do these companies
    > use? am i stuck, or what?
    > Thanks again

    Sorry Stewart I've no experience with distributing DVD's in bulk.
    I've given lots of CDR's to clients over the years and found the most
    problems were with older CD Rom drives (4x & slower) These could simply
    could not read a CDR because the CDR technology was not around when they
    were made.
    I would think the situation is similar with DVD players.
    I don't think I would worry about it. Burn them to -R for the most
    (anecdotal) compatability. Anyone that can't play one because their player
    is to old is not likely to have the resources to employ your neighbor's band
    anyway.
    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jan 18, 2005