Problems Listening To WCBS Radio

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by CNDA, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. CNDA

    CNDA Guest

    Folks, everytime I attempt to listen to this or other stations at this
    address:

    https://www.radiomat.com/radiomat_player.php?aff=wcbsam

    a dialog box pops up requesting that I download an Active X plugin for
    FF at:

    http://plugingdoc.mozdev.org/windows.html

    "Page not found"

    However, if you Google "Active X", one of the choices is:

    http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm

    There's a caveat there about downloading the wrong plugin.

    What gives?

    I'm running the latest update of this wonderful browser.

    César

    CNDA, Mar 15, 2005

  2. CNDA

    Roland Guest

    On 15-3-2005 8:48, CNDA wrote:

    > Folks, everytime I attempt to listen to this or other stations at this
    > address:
    >
    > https://www.radiomat.com/radiomat_player.php?aff=wcbsam
    >
    > a dialog box pops up requesting that I download an Active X plugin for
    > FF at:
    >
    > http://plugingdoc.mozdev.org/windows.html
    >
    > "Page not found"
    >
    > However, if you Google "Active X", one of the choices is:
    >
    > http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
    >
    > There's a caveat there about downloading the wrong plugin.
    >
    > What gives?
    >
    > I'm running the latest update of this wonderful browser.
    >
    > César

    In FF1.0.1, I have installed the ActiveX plugin (mozactivex-ff-10.xpi
    for FF1.0 from <http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm#download>).

    At first <https://www.radiomat.com/radiomat_player.php?aff=wcbsam>
    didn't play, but going to the home page <https://www.radiomat.com/> and
    after registering, I could listen to WCBSAM.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Mar 15, 2005

  3. CNDA

    Z Guest

    CNDA wrote:
    > a dialog box pops up requesting that I download an Active X plugin for
    > FF at:
    > http://plugingdoc.mozdev.org/windows.html

    Active X is a huge hole in any browser.

    If you really want to listen to that station, why not use IE (which
    already has the Active X hole in it) to listen?

    Z, Mar 15, 2005