    permutations and I'm just running out of ideas.

    The card has been successfully installed ona win2k machine by a
    friend.
    -+= graq =+-, Apr 15, 2005

  2. -+=  graq  =+-

    Parker Guest

    grag,
    I had the same problem when I tried to install that same card. What I did
    was uninstall the card in device manager, restarted the pc and allowed XP to
    find New Hardware. When prompted by XP I put my driver CD in for the card
    and finished the install. I also disabled my LAN card. Once I did all of
    that it still looked like it wasnt installed so I just tried to connect to
    my network and then it worked fine.

    Parker, Apr 15, 2005

  3. -+=  graq  =+-

    -+= graq =+- Guest

    Thanks Parker, but I have tried that many times.

    I Disable Wired LAN (onboard). I uninstall WLAN card in device
    manager.
    Reboot the machine - WinXP detects the hardware, I opt not to connect
    to the internet (especially as it is disabled).
    The install wizard the prompts me 'to insert install disk' if there is
    one.
    I place the CD in the drive, there's a bit of a whirr and then the
    install wizard tells me:

    "The wizard could not find the software to install your component for
    ... ? network controller".

    I personally think that that is appaling. :(

    -+= graq =+-, Apr 16, 2005
  4. -+=  graq  =+-

    Mark Guest

    I had the same problem. Try a different PCI slot.

    Mark, Apr 18, 2005
  5. -+=  graq  =+-

    Parker Guest

    As Mark said, thats a good thought because it was a little touchy when
    pressed into the PCI slot on my machine.

    Parker, Apr 18, 2005