    anything I can do expect trash the setup disk that I created???
    --
    Loosey is lost in Cali.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vc2V5d29u?=, Nov 28, 2005

  2. You must do a clean install. Are you trying to upgrade a 32-bit edition of
    Windows with the download trial of XP x64? That won't work. If you want to
    run the trial I suggest that you install to a second hard drive and set up a
    multi-boot scenario. And of course you must be running on a 64-bit
    computer.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 28, 2005

  3. You can not "upgrade" to Windows XP x64 Edition, trial or otherwise. You
    must do a fresh, clean install. If your current computer is _capable_ of
    running 64bit programs, then you can boot to the CD you created. Format the
    partition you want to use, and install to it. You must install to a
    different partition from any other operating system.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 28, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TG9vc2V5d29u?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Great point about ' capable of ' For curiosity, I knew that Microsoft was
    no longer allowing ' upgrades ' from Win95, but I hadn't seen anything about
    having to buy a full version for upgrades from 98. Did I miss something?

    John Barnes, Nov 28, 2005
  5. I have read about some folks running 98 on their 64 Bit PC so that they can
    run their favorite games. But I say, whats the point really, since 98 memory
    limit is like stuck at 512.

    How to determine the type of processor that your Windows Server 2003
    x64-based computer or your Windows XP Professional x64-based computer uses.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888731
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 28, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TG9vc2V5d29u?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Maybe they are too old to handle high speed games. They might need the 10
    seconds that it takes the pong ball to get across the screen. Have mercy on
    us old timers. ;-)

    John Barnes, Nov 28, 2005
  7. hehe :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 28, 2005
  8. There isn't an upgrade path for x64 at all, so it doesn't matter what
    previous version you have. You always have to buy the full version of XP
    Professional x64 Edition. (And, in general, OEM software is always that
    way.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64