Problems installing Epson R300 printer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by WarrenPeace, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. WarrenPeace

    WarrenPeace Guest

    can anyone please help with this one:
    I am trying to install my new R300 but keep getting the following message
    when I run the Epson installation disk:

    C:\Windows\system32\autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
    MS-DOS and Microsof Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the
    application.

    I click on ignore and the software seems to load ok, it shows up in the
    printer list. I can't run a test print and the status monitor items are
    greyed out. I an using a known good USB cable. In fact the R300 icon
    changes when I unplug the cable, tho when I plug the cable in, or turn the
    printer on I don't get the usual USB message.

    The printer works ok in stand-alone mode. I have printed some pics from a
    memory card with no trouble.

    My other printer, also USB, works fine, as does the scanner.

    Windows XP Home edition with service pack 1 installed

    Any help greatly appreciated, this is driving me spare!!

    Thanks

    Bob

    WarrenPeace, Jul 19, 2004

  2. WarrenPeace

    SgtMinor Guest

    Did you install the drivers before you plugged the printer into the USB
    port? If not, XP will assign its own drivers when it finds new hardware
    connected.

    Epson troubleshooting guide:

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...lceegkhdbfdmcfjgckidnf.0&cookies=no&oid=26322

    SgtMinor, Jul 19, 2004