    any difference.

    Noel.
    , Jun 23, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Having read good reviews for the Konica Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400
    > II, but of course finding they are no longer manufactured, I purchased
    > a nearly new one on Ebay from a seller in Germany.
    >
    > I'm using Windows XP Professional, and have just installed it.
    > Everything appeared to be fine with no error messages, but when I come
    > to actually load a negative strip and try it out, it doesn't produce
    > any images. It appears to 'go through the motions' the way it should
    > do, but all that appears in the prescan is a set of grey boxes and
    > nothing else. The same happens with the main utility, the Easy Scan
    > utility, and even the batch function.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem and managed to get round it? I've
    > tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it, but it hasn't
    > made any difference.
    >
    > Noel.

    I take it you are closing the scanner door and allowing the scanner to
    initialise and invoke (open)the software?
    Dennis Pogson, Jun 23, 2006

  3. tomm42 Guest

    wrote:
    > Having read good reviews for the Konica Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400
    > II, but of course finding they are no longer manufactured, I purchased
    > a nearly new one on Ebay from a seller in Germany.
    >
    > I'm using Windows XP Professional, and have just installed it.
    > Everything appeared to be fine with no error messages, but when I come
    > to actually load a negative strip and try it out, it doesn't produce
    > any images. It appears to 'go through the motions' the way it should
    > do, but all that appears in the prescan is a set of grey boxes and
    > nothing else. The same happens with the main utility, the Easy Scan
    > utility, and even the batch function.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem and managed to get round it? I've
    > tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it, but it hasn't made
    > any difference.
    >
    > Noel.

    Does the light go on in the scanner? If not the bulb is probably blown,
    tthe sensor could be damaged too. Is there a way of getting at the
    scanning bulb to replace it? My Dimage Scan Multi has a door on the
    top. Good luck, have never had a scanner work that I bought on Ebay and
    have tried 3 times, 2 were severely damaged in shipping and I got
    insurance for those, the other just didn't work, it was a cheap one so
    I let it go.

    Tom
    tomm42, Jun 24, 2006
  4. Guest

    tomm42 wrote:
    > Does the light go on in the scanner? If not the bulb is probably blown,
    > tthe sensor could be damaged too. Is there a way of getting at the
    > scanning bulb to replace it? My Dimage Scan Multi has a door on the
    > top. Good luck, have never had a scanner work that I bought on Ebay and
    > have tried 3 times, 2 were severely damaged in shipping and I got
    > insurance for those, the other just didn't work, it was a cheap one so
    > I let it go.

    There is a light on inside the scanner so I'm assuming the bulb is
    working. I'll try it on another computer and see if that makes a
    difference, otherwise I'll have to return it to the seller and try to
    get a refund.
    , Jun 26, 2006