Problems getting conexion, e-mail, downloasing internat pages.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alfredo F. Gonzalez, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. As of lately I have been having much trouble with my Verizon dial-up
    connection to the Internet and to retreive my e-mail.
    I can connect fine to the verizon server; automatically goes to retreive my
    e-mail. However it tells me that "incoming.verizon.net" cannot be found.
    Then a few moments later it tells me that the POP3 has not responded in 60
    seconds and asks me if I want to wait. If wait nothing happens it just keeps
    timing out.
    As for Internet connection it goes and finds the page I want, v.gr.
    "tbo.com" then it starts opening the page and then cuts out and tells me the
    page cannot be displayed.
    I try several times with same results. Some times it starts to display the
    page and suddenly it cuts out and then gives me the "The page cannot be
    displayed" notice.
    At other times it just hangs there with no activity. Some times it also
    takes to long to download a page. So it forces me to sever the connection
    hang up and try again, and again, and again by the fifth or six time I try
    to connect then maybe the connection works fine.
    I'm using IE6 and Outlook Express 6, under W98SE, but in the past it did
    operate fine. So it is not the equipment, the operating system or
    application programs. Why has your service detriorated? Any help and
    suggestions to take care of these problems will be appreciated.

    Alfredo F. Gonzalez

    --
    Alfredo F. Gonzalez

    or

    Alfredo F. Gonzalez, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Alfredo F. Gonzalez

    °Mike° Guest

    In <ZRebe.4697$yc.2062@trnddc07>,
    Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:

    >As of lately I have been having much trouble with my Verizon dial-up
    >connection to the Internet and to retreive my e-mail.

    <snip>

    You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
    to see the reply.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Alfredo F. Gonzalez

    trout Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > In <ZRebe.4697$yc.2062@trnddc07>,
    > Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:
    >
    >> As of lately I have been having much trouble with my Verizon dial-up
    >> connection to the Internet and to retreive my e-mail.

    > <snip>
    >
    > You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
    > to see the reply.

    Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your service
    has deteriorated'.
    --
    Shape up.

    trout, Apr 26, 2005
  4. Alfredo F. Gonzalez

    °Mike° Guest

    In <426d7ffb$0$82526$>,
    trout took 19 lines to utter:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> In <ZRebe.4697$yc.2062@trnddc07>,
    >> Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:
    >>
    >>> As of lately I have been having much trouble with my Verizon dial-up
    >>> connection to the Internet and to retreive my e-mail.

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
    >> to see the reply.

    > Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your service
    >has deteriorated'.

    Sorry, boss...I never saw you there -- I thought you were still
    on your lunch break.

    --
    I'll get right on to it.

    °Mike°, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Alfredo F. Gonzalez

    gangle Guest

    "trout" wrote
    > °Mike° wrote:
    >
    > > Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:
    > >
    > >> As of lately I have been having much trouble with my Verizon dial-up
    > >> connection to the Internet and to retreive my e-mail.

    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
    > > to see the reply.

    > Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your service
    > has deteriorated'.

    My penis has deteriorated a little despite the stable temperature.

    gangle, Apr 26, 2005
  6. Alfredo F. Gonzalez

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    gangle took 19 lines to utter:

    >"trout" wrote
    >> °Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >> > Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:

    >> > <snip>
    >> >
    >> > You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
    >> > to see the reply.

    >> Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your service
    >> has deteriorated'.

    >My penis has deteriorated a little despite the stable temperature.

    And you expect the horses to come to your aid?

    --
    Kinky.

    °Mike°, Apr 26, 2005
  7. gangle wrote:
    > "trout" wrote
    >> °Mike° wrote:

    >> > Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:

    >> > <snip>

    >> > You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
    >> > to see the reply.

    >> Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your service
    >> has deteriorated'.

    > My penis has deteriorated a little despite the stable temperature.

    You use your penis in the stable? Ew. Neigh, I say!

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 26, 2005
  8. Alfredo F. Gonzalez

    trout Guest

    gangle wrote:

    > "trout" wrote
    >> °Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:

    >>> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
    >>> to see the reply.

    >> Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your
    >> service has deteriorated'.

    > My penis has deteriorated a little despite the stable temperature.

    It's your own fault. And that "pass the mustard" gag got tired a
    long time ago.
    --
    Try the freezer.

    trout, Apr 26, 2005