    the net doesn't work. It comes up with 'page cannot be displayed.' I can
    connect to the network successfully and use MSN Messenger, but not the
    Internet. Please help!

    =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=, Dec 12, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=

    Malke Guest

    Ben wrote:

    > I have recently set up a wireless network, connecting two computers.
    > Both
    > worked, one already had SP2. I installed SP2 on the other computer
    > and now
    > the net doesn't work. It comes up with 'page cannot be displayed.' I
    > can connect to the network successfully and use MSN Messenger, but not
    > the Internet. Please help!

    Service Pack 2 automatically enables the Windows Firewall. Go to the
    Windows Firewall applet in Control Panel and, if you are not using a
    third-party firewall, put your lan IP range in Exceptions as Trusted.
    If you are using a third-party firewall, make sure it is set to allow
    your lan.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User