    rank amateur at doing this stuff, but I can't see why it isn't working.

    Any advice?

    Thanx in advance
    KIMOSABE, Dec 30, 2006

  2. KIMOSABE

    Impmon Guest

    On 29 Dec 2006 19:07:04 -0800, "KIMOSABE" <> wrote:

    >I've been converting some avi movie files to DVD format using WinAVI.
    >But when I burn the DVD I get a message from my maching that it cannot
    >read the disc. The disc can be read by VLC media player.
    >
    >When I look in the folder that I saved it to, the files still have the
    >WMV icon attached to them and the files are VOB(?) Obviously I'm a
    >rank amateur at doing this stuff, but I can't see why it isn't working.
    >
    >Any advice?

    Without knowing the specifics like the steps you took, I can't help
    much but I could suggest www.videohelp.com for starter. Here's a
    direct link to WinAVI to DVD guide:
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=255111

    The web site I posted is all free and if you still have problem, you
    chould go into the forum and ask for help.
    Impmon, Dec 30, 2006

  3. KIMOSABE

    KIMOSABE Guest

    Re: Problems converting avi to DVD using WinAVI Help!!

    Impmon wrote:
    > Without knowing the specifics like the steps you took, I can't help
    > much but I could suggest www.videohelp.com for starter. Here's a
    > direct link to WinAVI to DVD guide:
    > http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=255111

    Thanks, but I've tried both links and get a blank page each time with
    The page cannot be displayed
    KIMOSABE, Dec 30, 2006
  4. "KIMOSABE" <> wrote in message
    > I've been converting some avi movie files to DVD format using WinAVI.
    > But when I burn the DVD I get a message from my maching that it cannot
    > read the disc. The disc can be read by VLC media player.
    >
    > When I look in the folder that I saved it to, the files still have the
    > WMV icon attached to them and the files are VOB(?) Obviously I'm a
    > rank amateur at doing this stuff, but I can't see why it isn't working.
    >
    > Any advice?
    >
    > Thanx in advance

    Try VSO ConvertXtoDVD - it's a really good simple program that for me works
    everytime and will handle many different file formats. Simple chapter points
    etc
    Little Red Hen, Dec 31, 2006
  5. KIMOSABE

    Guest

    Re: Problems converting avi to DVD using WinAVI Help!!

    It's easy to do with Video Tools
    http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/avs-video-tools.htm
    KIMOSABE wrote:
    > I've been converting some avi movie files to DVD format using WinAVI.
    > But when I burn the DVD I get a message from my maching that it cannot
    > read the disc. The disc can be read by VLC media player.
    >
    > When I look in the folder that I saved it to, the files still have the
    > WMV icon attached to them and the files are VOB(?) Obviously I'm a
    > rank amateur at doing this stuff, but I can't see why it isn't working.
    >
    > Any advice?
    >
    > Thanx in advance
    , Jan 4, 2007