problems connecting with D_link card

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack Jarmush, Jan 15, 2007.

  1. Jack Jarmush

    Jack Jarmush Guest

    Hello Group,
    I just bought a used Dell Latitude laptop and cannot configure it to
    connect to my wireless SSID signal , I use Livebox from Wanadoo. It was

    working before with another Dell Latitude which I since gave to my
    Mother. I was using a different PMCIA wireless adapter on the old
    laptop though (forgot the name). Now I have a new D-Link DWL-G650+
    PMCIA wireless adapter and another wireless adapter that came with the
    Livebox which plugs into USB. I have them both hooked up and drivers
    appear to be correct but neither will connect to the Livebox. They both

    see my SSID but will not connect. I am using Windows to configure both
    adapters, the D-Link card is configured like this:

    WinXP
    D-Link card properties/Wireless Networks

    checked - 'use Windows to configure my wireless network settings'

    my SSID is in the preferred networks list.

    properties of my SSID are:

    under Association tab;

    Network authentication - Open
    Data encription - WEP
    checked - The key is provided for me automatically

    under Authentication tab;

    checked - Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network
    EAP type - PEAP

    I never had a problem before connecting to a wireless network so never
    tweaked these settings, I'm not sure where the problem is but am
    guessing it's a configuration issue.

    I spent é days trying to solve this problem and now I'm going in
    circles so if anyone of you nice people out there can help me it would
    be very appreciated.

    Jack Jarmush, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Do you have a WEP key or "passphrase"? If so, what you may need to do
    is uncheck the "key is provided for me automatically" box and enter the
    actual key in there, then see if it reconnects.

    Justin Brown - SYNACS, Jan 15, 2007