    I contacted Lexmark Tech supp home networking...was told that my particular
    printer is not ment for networking...only as a stand alone printer....is
    this true?!

    Tina, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Tina

    Juan Guest

    In the printers folder of the ME, right click on the printer\
    select properties\sharing\see if "shared" is selected.
    Also in the Security tab\see if your account has printing
    privileges.. it's best to check "total control".

    You may have to delete the printer setup in the laptop
    and reinstall it as follows: (just in case you have some configuration
    error, this will install the printer correctly).. In the XP laptop\My
    Network
    Places\workgroup\computer_name\right click\select connect..
    this will correctly auto install the printer on the laptop....

    As for the Lexmark not meant for networking?... it's probably not true
    I could be wrong but I don't see what or where the difference could be..
    the laptop sends the document to the desktop and the desktop to the
    printer... so if you can send documents laptop to desktop, you should
    also be able to sent printing jobs.

    Hope this helps.

    Juan, Oct 8, 2004