    Thanks,
    Bas.
    , Nov 5, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >I've connected a Cisco 3550 switch to an Nortel BSP2000 via a copper
    >100Mb connection to each other. The connection are on both (layer 2)
    >ends up but there is not any IP communication between both switches
    >possible. I don't have any experience on the Nortel BPS 2000. The
    >interface on the Cisco switch is configured as a normal access port
    >100Mb/full. I've done a lot of things to solve the problem. I hope
    >someone can help me to fix this problem.

    You've probably already tried this, but since we don't -know- that
    you've tried it:

    switch the ports on both side to autonegotiate and see if you can
    get a link.

    How are you testing for ip communications? If you are trying to ping
    the BPS 2000 switch itself, then you just might be running across
    a configuration in which the port you are trying to communicate over
    is not in the BPS 2000 "management VLAN".

    I believe the BPS 2000 offers a method of uploading the configuration
    file as text to a tftp server; if so then if you are still stuck,
    you could post that and the 3550 configuration (with any sensitive
    information obscured -- but not so much that we can't distinguish
    which subnet or IP address is the same as which other.)
    Walter Roberson, Nov 5, 2006

  3. jw Guest

    make sure the 3550 port facing the bps is not in auto desirable- set it to
    access mode for that vlan

    jw, Nov 7, 2006