    sure there is a disk in the drive you specified".

    Any ideas?
    , Jan 24, 2009

  2. Guest

    On 24 Jan, 15:45, wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 06:28:41 -0800 (PST), "" <> wrote:
    > >I'm trying to burn a bootable linux ISO file to a CD. I've been using
    > >MagicISO in Windows XP. The program burns something to the CD and
    > >finalises it. I can boot from it, but it just gives "could not find
    > >kernel image" errors. When I look at the CD from within Windows
    > >Explorer it has folders and filenames. If I click on the filenames,
    > >though, the files themselves don't actually seem to be there. For
    > >example, clicking on a "readme.txt" file gives "cannot open", "make
    > >sure there is a disk in the drive you specified".

    > >Any ideas?

    > I downloaded and burnt Ubunto a few days ago. After burning at 48x, it would boot, but the text was
    > missing from the menus. I burnt the same ISO again at 16x and it worked perfectly. Worth a try.

    What an idiot - I've just realised that I hadn't downloaded the ISO
    fully. What should have been a 600MB file was 120MB. Problem solved.
    The download must have been interrupted. Thanks guys for the ideas
    anyway.
    , Jan 24, 2009

  3. Alfred Guest

    try to download it again and use "CDBurnerXP" to bun the iso file!

    Which Linux do you want to Boot / Install?

    Alfred, Jan 24, 2009