    getting no os found.

    --
    Rich
    Rich, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Rich

    amby Guest

    Did you re-partition to fat 16 ?

    amby

    "There is no kind of dishonesty into which otherwise good people
    more
    easily and frequently fall than that of defrauding the
    government."

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > I am attempting to install win 95 on a pc that originally had

    2000. I keep

    amby, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Rich rambled on about something in
    <>:

    > I am attempting to install win 95 on a pc that originally had 2000.
    > I keep getting no os found.

    You might have to remove all partitions in order to get it to work
    properly. If you had win2000 on it, the filesystem could have been
    NFTS, or Fat32, both which Win95 can't see or handle.

    NOI
    Thund3rstruck, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Rich

    Rich Guest

    how do I remove all partitions?

    --
    Rich

    Rich, Jul 21, 2003
  5. Rich

    Salt_Peter Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > how do I remove all partitions?

    By running fdisk from a bootable floppy. You may have to delete a non-Dos
    partition with fdisk in order to be rid of an ntfs based W2K partition. Then
    recreate the partition(s) with fdisk before formatting. Note that a system
    needs to be rebooted before a new partition can be formatted.

    If you need a start disk, try www.bootdisk.com

    By the way, Win95 OSR2 does read/ create FAT32 partitions, Win95a does not
    (only FAT16).

    Salt_Peter, Jul 21, 2003