    this problem occured immediately after deleting the dir.

    Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks.

    Seller, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Seller

    Conor Guest

    In article <V0QCb.41386$>,
    says...
    > I have searched for fixing problems after fonts folder getting deleted, but
    > none have solved my issue. The folder has been restored but windows made
    > some changes as result and I cannot figure out what got changed. The only
    > problem I notice is that some dialog boxes have a default font that is so
    > big that I cannot see all the controls and text. I have tried changing all
    > the fonts (including message box) for the default user and for my individual
    > account (win2k) from Control Panel. It still has not fixed the problem and
    > this problem occured immediately after deleting the dir.

    Have you tried going into Display Properties, and either the Appearance
    or Themes tab and changing it?

    If not it may be worth trying TweakUI from Microsoft Powertoys suite as
    it has a reapir feature for icons and fonts AFAIR.

    --
    Conor

    A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

    Conor, Dec 14, 2003

  3. Seller

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Seller said:

    > I have searched for fixing problems after fonts folder getting deleted, but
    > none have solved my issue. The folder has been restored but windows made
    > some changes as result and I cannot figure out what got changed. The only
    > problem I notice is that some dialog boxes have a default font that is so
    > big that I cannot see all the controls and text. I have tried changing all
    > the fonts (including message box) for the default user and for my individual
    > account (win2k) from Control Panel. It still has not fixed the problem and
    > this problem occured immediately after deleting the dir.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated,
    > Thanks.

    You deleted the fonts folder and you are surprised that you had problems with
    your fonts immediately after deleting it?
    Amazing.
    Have you tried doing a repair install of the OS?

    Brian H¹©, Dec 14, 2003
  4. Seller

    Seller Guest

    I never said anything about being suprised, just that I don't know how to
    fix it. The only problem is with a default font, something that a OS repair
    disk won't fix.

    Thanks

    Seller, Dec 14, 2003