    64 it is not running... it is showing compatibility problem..
    what should I do if I want to make a simple C program that should run on
    win7 64.

    irfan, Apr 6, 2010

  2. irfan

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Not an easy answer but first things first.
    Right click on the executable file, Properties and go to the Compatibility
    tab.
    Make the necessary checks in order to make it run in Windows XP
    compatibility mode.
    That might help.
    Also take into account that 16-bit executables will not run in 64-bit OSs,
    neither programs that require loading 32-bit drivers.
    Last resort is not "The Alamo", but running a 32-bit XP virtual machine
    inside Windows 7 64-bit.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 6, 2010

  3. I have read that the Windows Driver Kit from Microsoft is free and has a
    C compiler in it that does 64-bit as well as 32-bit programs.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=36a2630f-5d56-43b5-b996-7633f2ec14ff

    Bobby Johnson, Apr 6, 2010