    good reason. Could this be a power supply problem?

    Gary

    , Nov 8, 2003

  2. R.A.D. Guest

    It could be a cooling issue

    R.A.D., Nov 8, 2003

  3. hootnholler Guest

    Hey Gary,

    Yep, it could be a psu, but it could also be a few other things...

    First thing I can suggest trying to do, is download motherboard monitor 5.
    It will tell you cpu temps and voltages, if that particular motherboard is
    supported. If the temps are up there, it's a cooling issue, obviously. If
    the voltages on the 12, 5 and 3.3 rail are outside of +/- 10%, that could
    definitely point to a psu. If all seems to be fine... try a memory tester
    from microsoft, or from simmtester.com. Let it run through it's paces.

    After that, probably the next leading reason why a pc reboots without
    warning, remove the NIC if installed. For some reason, they like to exhibit
    this behavior...

    If after all that, and it still does it, start charging these people by the
    hour ;-)... You'll be updating drivers, etc.. until you can narrow down to
    the problematic hardware. Could be most anything causing this...

    Hoot

    hootnholler, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Pat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I have a clone PC with a Leadtek Mobo that apparently reboots for no
    > good reason. Could this be a power supply problem?
    >
    > Gary

    This sounds like a virus. Check that aspect out first.

    Pat

    Pat, Nov 9, 2003