Problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by test Ab, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. test Ab

    test Ab Guest

    Hi all,

    I have one Catalyst 6500 Series with CSM and SSL Services Module.
    When I am connecting to SSL module whit serial port, de paste command
    doesn’t work properly.

    For example if copy "test" the result of paste comande is "tY.w".

    ssl>tY.w

    An idea?

    ssl(config)#line console 0
    ssl(config-line)#??????????????

    Regards,

    ssl# sh line console 0
    Tty Typ Tx/Rx A Modem Roty AccO AccI Uses Noise
    Overruns Int
    * 0 CTY - - - - - 0 0 0/0
    -

    Line 0, Location: "", Type: ""
    Length: 24 lines, Width: 80 columns
    Capabilities: none
    Modem state: Ready
    Async VTS Line
    Special Chars: Escape Hold Stop Start Disconnect Activation
    ^^x none - - none
    Timeouts: Idle EXEC Idle Session Modem Answer Session Dispatch
    00:10:00 never none
    not set
    Idle Session Disconnect Warning
    never
    Login-sequence User Response
    00:00:30
    Autoselect Initial Wait
    not set
    Modem type is unknown.
    Session limit is not set.
    Time since activation: 00:01:16
    Editing is enabled.
    History is enabled, history size is 20.
    DNS resolution in show commands is enabled
    Full user help is disabled
    Allowed input transports are none.
    Allowed output transports are telnet ssh.
    Preferred transport is telnet.
    No output characters are padded
    No special data dispatching characters
    ssl#
    test Ab, Mar 19, 2008

  2. test Ab

    Thrill5 Guest

    It's probably your terminal emulation software and if your using
    HyperTerminal, this is definitely your problem. HyperTerminal is very
    buggy, and an update is available from Hilgraeve, who wrote and supports the
    software. Hilgraeve has a "enhanced" version that you have to purchase, but
    there are much better programs than HT, such as SecureCRT.

    Thrill5, Mar 21, 2008