    link.

    Thanks,
    Sam

    quinte, Nov 14, 2005

  2. quinte

    JohnR66 Guest

    "quinte" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have upgraded the firmware on my Kodak DX6340 to v1.10 and since then
    > the flash light does not work anymore on my camera. I have sent many
    > emails to Kodak and asked for help but they do not answer. If anyone
    > has the older version of the firmware (I think v1.08) please send me a
    > link.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Sam

    Try to flash firmware again. Also remove battery(ies), and turn camera on,
    then off. reinsert the batteries.
    John

    JohnR66, Nov 15, 2005

  3. quinte

    Ron Baird Guest

    quinte wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have upgraded the firmware on my Kodak DX6340 to v1.10 and since then
    >the flash light does not work anymore on my camera. I have sent many
    >emails to Kodak and asked for help but they do not answer. If anyone
    >has the older version of the firmware (I think v1.08) please send me a
    >link.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Sam

    Greetings Quinte,

    I am sorry to hear that the change of firmware has disabled the flash on
    the camera. Of course, this is not part of the programming and I suspect
    there is something else involved. Have you tried a reset of the flash
    and making sure the feature is on. Also, set the camera itself to the
    Auto option and not in a mode that disables the flash, i.e. close up.

    Once you have reset to the general default options and the flash does
    not work, I will help you get it checked out. How old is the camera?

    Talk to you soon, Quinte,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Nov 17, 2005
  4. quinte

    Ron Baird Guest

    Ron Baird, Nov 17, 2005
  5. quinte

    quinte Guest

    Hi Ron,

    Yes I am sure that the I use default options and still have the
    problem. I have even set to fill flash in Auto option but no matter
    what I do I have that blinking red LED and the flash does not work. I
    repeted the firmware upgrade couple of times did not help either. Could
    you send me the older version of the firmware, so we can make sure if
    the firmware is involved in this problem. The camera is about 3 years
    old.

    Thanks,
    Sam

    quinte, Nov 18, 2005
  6. quinte

    quinte Guest

    Ron,

    .... still waiting for your reply. Could I have the older version of the
    firmware, I want to back up to older version. Is it realy a big deal
    for company like Kodak. I have sent many emails to Kodak customer
    service, why no bady even bothers to reply back.

    Sam

    quinte, Nov 28, 2005
  7. quinte

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Quinte,

    Sorry I did not reply till now, was off on vacation and projects.

    Please refresh my memory on the issue and need. I will try to get you what
    you need if it is available at all. Most of the firmware for our cameras is
    on the web, but let me know and I till try to follow through. Hope you had a
    good holiday as well.

    Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 7, 2005
  8. quinte

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:42:44 -0500, Ron Baird wrote:

    > Sorry I did not reply till now, was off on vacation and projects.
    >
    > Please refresh my memory on the issue and need. I will try to get you what
    > you need if it is available at all. Most of the firmware for our cameras is
    > on the web, but let me know and I till try to follow through. Hope you had a
    > good holiday as well.

    In case quinte (Sam) doesn't return too soon, from his OP:

    > I have upgraded the firmware on my Kodak DX6340 to v1.10 and since then
    > the flash light does not work anymore on my camera. I have sent many
    > emails to Kodak and asked for help but they do not answer. If anyone
    > has the older version of the firmware (I think v1.08) please send me a
    > link.

    Not being familiar with the DX6340, I wonder if there's a simple
    way to tell if due to coincedence, at about the time the firmware
    was upgraded, the flash failed independently.

    ASAAR, Dec 7, 2005
  9. quinte

    quinte Guest

    Well I am trying to find the original version of the firmware to test
    this but I have not been lucky so far. If anyone has the original
    version of the firmware on DX6340, please reply ...

    quinte, Dec 8, 2005
  10. quinte

    quinte Guest

    Hi Ron,

    The problem is that the flash light is not working on my camera after
    the firmware upgrade. All I want is to get the original version of the
    firmware, and find out if this problem is some how related to the
    firmware and can be fixed by switching to original firmware.
    Unfortunatly only the latest version 1.10 of the firmware is avilable
    on Kodak web site. Would you please send me the original firmware for
    DX6340, English version ( I think it is v 1.08).

    Quinte

    quinte, Dec 8, 2005
  11. quinte

    c Guest

    "quinte" <> wrote in message
    > Well I am trying to find the original version of the firmware to test
    > this but I have not been lucky so far. If anyone has the original
    > version of the firmware on DX6340, please reply ...

    Played a little trickery using the download links they use, and I did find
    the file you need on their website:

    Version 1.06
    http://download.kodak.com/digital/software/cameras/dx6340/DX6340106.exe

    Version 1.08
    http://download.kodak.com/digital/software/cameras/dx6340/DX6340108.exe

    HTH

    Chris

    c, Dec 8, 2005
  12. quinte

    quinte Guest

    Hi Chris,

    Thank you very much for the links, they worked just fine. However
    switching back to older versions did not fixed the problem with flash
    light. I still have that blinking LED (beside the view finder) in red
    color no matter what I do. There should be some thing wrong with it,
    may be the light is out. It is very odd that this happened right after
    the firmware upgrade. Anyway I think I should find myself a new camera.

    Sam

    quinte, Dec 13, 2005
  13. quinte

    Ron Hunter Guest

    quinte wrote:
    > Hi Chris,
    >
    > Thank you very much for the links, they worked just fine. However
    > switching back to older versions did not fixed the problem with flash
    > light. I still have that blinking LED (beside the view finder) in red
    > color no matter what I do. There should be some thing wrong with it,
    > may be the light is out. It is very odd that this happened right after
    > the firmware upgrade. Anyway I think I should find myself a new camera.
    >

    > Sam

    If the light continues to flash red with freshly charged batteries, it
    is likely something is broken.
    Probably a leaky charge capacitor.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 13, 2005
  14. quinte

    Ron Baird Guest

    quinte wrote:

    >Hi Ron,
    >
    >The problem is that the flash light is not working on my camera after
    >the firmware upgrade. All I want is to get the original version of the
    >firmware, and find out if this problem is some how related to the
    >firmware and can be fixed by switching to original firmware.
    >Unfortunatly only the latest version 1.10 of the firmware is avilable
    >on Kodak web site. Would you please send me the original firmware for
    >DX6340, English version ( I think it is v 1.08).
    >
    >Quinte

    Hi
    Quinte,

    Just sent you back an email, Quinte, to let you know that I do not have
    the original firmware available. Also, and importantly, the latest
    firmware update is not the cause of your trouble. As mentioned, I
    suspect that there is either something wrong with the flash, or a
    setting in the camera is causing your problem. I know you removed the
    battery for a time and allowed the camera to reset itself to its
    defaults. You can also try setting the flash to fill flash so it should
    flash eact time it is fired. If this is not happening then something is
    wrong with the flash itself. I assure you that the firmware is not the
    likely culprit here as if it were, we would have heard from many
    thousands of owners of that camera. I will continue to try and help with
    the firmware, but calling the number I noted will get your camera in so
    it can be reviewed.

    Let me know if you want me to follow through, Quinte, I am glad to help
    further if you need me.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 14, 2005