    anyone.

    I'd be interested to know if anyone else have had problems with zone
    alarm??

    rod0, Oct 4, 2007

  2. rod0

    Mellowed Guest

    "rod0" <24.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > just thought I would write in and tell you something about zone labs
    > zone alarm firewall software.
    > I've been using it for about 2 years, but the last 3 months or so Ive
    > been having some problems. These problems occurred after installing
    > updates. In fact the last update I installed really did some damage. I
    > had to restore my computer back a couple of months---- not good.
    > I have now uninstalled the software and now I am using "COMODO"
    > firewall.
    > So far I am very pleased with this firewall and would recommend it to
    > anyone.
    >
    > I'd be interested to know if anyone else have had problems with zone
    > alarm??

    I'm running version 7.1 without problems in Vista Ultimate.

    Mellowed, Oct 4, 2007

  3. rod0

    rod0 Guest

    rod0, Oct 4, 2007
  4. rod0

    rod0 Guest

    On 4 Oct, 15:25, "Mellowed" <> wrote:
    > "rod0" <24.co.uk> wrote in message

    > > Hi,
    > > just thought I would write in and tell you something about zone labs
    > > zone alarm firewall software.
    > > I've been using it for about 2 years, but the last 3 months or so Ive
    > > been having some problems. These problems occurred after installing
    > > updates. In fact the last update I installed really did some damage. I
    > > had to restore my computer back a couple of months---- not good.
    > > I have now uninstalled the software and now I am using "COMODO"
    > > firewall.
    > > So far I am very pleased with this firewall and would recommend it to
    > > anyone.

    > > I'd be interested to know if anyone else have had problems with zone
    > > alarm??

    > I'm running version 7.1 without problems in Vista Ultimate.

    Hi,
    just getting the hang of this newsgroup.
    I'm using windows xp home ---- maybe thats the problem??

    rod0, Oct 4, 2007
  5. rod0

    Kenny Guest

    I too had problems after updating ZA, main one being file sharing across a
    wireless network.
    I am also now using Comodo free with no problems.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Oct 4, 2007
  6. rod0

    Gordon Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    >I too had problems after updating ZA, main one being file sharing across a
    >wireless network.

    Did you add then Wireless network IP range to the allowed Firewall Zones?

    Gordon, Oct 4, 2007
  7. rod0

    Alfred Guest

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:25:32 GMT, "Mellowed" <> wrote:

    >"rod0" <24.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> just thought I would write in and tell you something about zone labs
    >> zone alarm firewall software.
    >> I've been using it for about 2 years, but the last 3 months or so Ive
    >> been having some problems. These problems occurred after installing
    >> updates. In fact the last update I installed really did some damage. I
    >> had to restore my computer back a couple of months---- not good.
    >> I have now uninstalled the software and now I am using "COMODO"
    >> firewall.
    >> So far I am very pleased with this firewall and would recommend it to
    >> anyone.
    >>
    >> I'd be interested to know if anyone else have had problems with zone
    >> alarm??

    >I'm running version 7.1 without problems in Vista Ultimate.

    I upgraded to that for my win2K system. Took it off and went back to
    the original.

    Alfred, Oct 4, 2007
  8. rod0

    John Holmes Guest

    rod0 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I'd be interested to know if anyone else have had problems with zone
    > alarm??

    No, not me. All works just great here.

    --
    Your mother was an unhygienic harpy who burnt her bra in petrol stations.

    John Holmes, Oct 4, 2007
  9. rod0

    Kenny Guest

    Yes, added the IP range and subnet mask to Trusted Zone.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Oct 4, 2007
  10. rod0

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 07:17:45 -0700, rod0 <24.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >I'd be interested to know if anyone else have had problems with zone
    >alarm??

    I have 3 DVD drives, assigned X, Y, Z drive letters. ZA changes some
    or all of these back to the defaults, in some circumstances.

    gb

    Gaius Baltar, Oct 5, 2007