    I attempt to do that I get an error 1068 which says the dependnecy or service
    group failed to start. Does anyone have an idea what I need to do to get
    this running again so I can get the wireless connection running? Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?bG5lYg==?=, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Hi
    It seems that one of the core Network services that is related to Network
    activities is Off.
    If you turned any service Off coz somewhere you read that your computer or
    games would run faster, turn it On again.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 10, 2006

  3. I did nothing, this just happened after surfing the web one day. I was just
    looking around on the web, don't even remember where I was, and it quit
    working.

    =?Utf-8?B?bG5lYg==?=, Jul 10, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bG5lYg==?=

    Guest

    On 10-Jul-2006, =?Utf-8?B?bG5lYg==?= <> wrote:

    > > It seems that one of the core Network services that is related to Network
    > > activities is Off.

    What you can fix depends on whether you are able to
    use the Administrator account. This will give you access
    to Services, where you can see whether they are Stopped,
    Disabled, Started etc.
    You would also be able to view and clear logs, view the
    system error log etc.
    Even then what you can fix depends on the nature of the
    problem, there are h/w faults, driver faults, and s/w
    corruption faults.
    Some dubious web sites offer virus infected files and/or use
    underhand scripts to damage your machine. They just
    love machines with little or no security, particularly
    those on BB which have the same IP address for hours
    on end and no firewall.

    , Jul 10, 2006
  5. "lneb" <> wrote in message
    > Something happened to my PC a couple of days ago, I have a wireless
    > connection in my home that was working ok. Then it quit after doing some
    > web
    > surfing one day. It appears I have a problem with the "wireless zero
    > service" not working properly now. When I look at the available wireless
    > connections available I get a message saying that the iwreles
    > configuration
    > service (WZC) is not running. I found an article on how to start it and
    > when
    > I attempt to do that I get an error 1068 which says the dependnecy or
    > service
    > group failed to start. Does anyone have an idea what I need to do to get
    > this running again so I can get the wireless connection running? Thanks

    Easiest fix - run Restore Mode and restore to a day before all this
    happened. It is the quick and easy way to set anything that has been turned
    off back on again without having to know what it was and the best way to
    repair any broken files.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jul 10, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bG5lYg==?=

    Lounes

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Hi, Got the same worm a few days ago and could not start WZC any more. As I could restart RPC service, I guessed that Ndisuio had probably been messed up.
    Compare the registry values from a working XP machine. Cannot remember exactly what I changed but the ones I remembered are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Ndisuio where I changed Start to 3 (Hex) and Tag to c (Hex).
    I was then able to start WZC. Courage!

    Lounes, Mar 13, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?bG5lYg==?=

    hyperdyne

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    your all dolts. except the poster. ok. google "p & w prio download" get the prio plugin install and launch task manager(ctrl alt delete) and then goto services tab goto wireless zero. right click and startup,, automatic. then start the service, wait 10 seconds. also in make sure somebody didnt just disable your wireless card or if its a labtop.. that the wireless quick switch on the outer edge of it is not in the off position }8*)>

    hyperdyne, Jul 29, 2008