    Recently started having trouble with my laptop and haven't been able to connect to the internet at all though it says it's connected to the router and my other 2 PCs work fine. I know this is probably a very broad problem but just wondering what I can check out to narrow it down. Also a little bit before it stopped working windows said that it was missing some kind of file and to re-insert the XP CD though I'm not sure where it is. Is there any way I can find out what that file is?

    Thanks so much!
    Mario :)

    Mario D, Sep 30, 2008

  2. Hi
    In case of Wireless the statement about connecting can be that a signal is
    detected but the is No real Network connection (many times it is an issue of
    security mismatched setting). Go carefully over all Wireless settings in
    the Wireless Router and the computer.
    Maybe this can Help,
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 1, 2008