    Dan

    Johnson's AutoValeting
    www.johnsonsvaleting.co.uk
    johnsons auto valeting, Aug 29, 2006

  2. johnsons auto valeting

    Malke Guest

    johnsons auto valeting wrote:

    > After having a power cut earlier today I have not been able to get my
    > wireless network working again. I have three computers connected to
    > the network. One wired and two wireless.
    >
    > The problem I am having is that the two wireless computers are picking
    > up a signal but are showing that signal to be peer-to-peer. And I do
    > not have an active internet connection on those machines. The wired
    > computer is working fine.
    >
    > I have tried hard resetting the router to no avail. I have fiddled
    > about with settings on all machines and have tried averything from
    > scratch but still with no luck. Am I doing something wrong or does it
    > sound like the router is knackered?

    Did you also power-cycle the cable/dsl modem? Shut down all computers.
    Now unplug/turn off the router and the cable/dsl modem. Wait for 30-60
    seconds. Now turn on the modem. Wait for the lights to come on. Do you
    see lights for the Internet? If not, then something's wrong. Now turn
    on the router. Do you see lights for the WAN? If not, then something's
    wrong. If all looks good, turn on the computers and you should have
    your normal network access.

    If you still don't have the Internet, don't forget to call your ISP
    because the problem might be on their end if it was a local power
    outage and not just at your house.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Aug 29, 2006

  3. All working fine now thanks to your advice. Much Appreciated.
    johnsons auto valeting, Aug 30, 2006