    work.

    Any ideas how to fix this problem?
    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?amF4b243YXU=?=, Nov 2, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?amF4b243YXU=?=

    ProjectD

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Location:
    Sunshine State
    Sounds like your DSL box needs to be replaced. Try to contact your DSL provider if it is possible.
    ProjectD, Nov 2, 2006

  3. Hi
    You have to find first what is dropping, your Internet connection, or your
    Wireless connection to the Router?.
    Plugging a computer with wire it the Router would help to decide.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 2, 2006
  4. Sorry, I did not understand what you said.

    =?Utf-8?B?amF4b243YXU=?=, Nov 5, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?amF4b243YXU=?=

    Malke Guest

    jaxon7au wrote:

    > Sorry, I did not understand what you said.
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> You have to find first what is dropping, your Internet connection, or
    >> your Wireless connection to the Router?.
    >> Plugging a computer with wire it the Router would help to decide.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).

    He means that because troubleshooting is usually a process of
    elimination you need to connect your computer directly to the DSL modem
    with an ethernet cable and see how your Internet connection goes that
    way. If you still have problems, then you know the modem needs to be
    replaced. In this case you would normally call your ISP and have them
    replace it. If you purchased the modem yourself and it wasn't supplied
    by the ISP, you would go and buy another one.

    If you don't have problems when your computer is directly connected to
    the modem and the problems start up when you use the router, then you
    know you need to replace the router.

    Since you say the lights on the modem change and then you lose
    connectivity, it is probably the modem that is faulty but you can't
    know until you test as above.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers