    happening.I rebooted thinking it was a quirk and it would be fine but the
    same is still happening.Anybody has any idea.I never had such issue
    before.Thanks for your help!
    cd69, Apr 12, 2005

  2. cd69 wrote:
    > Hi there!Something funny is happening.I downloaded a few files with
    > Agent and they are in WinZip format.I highlighted the files and
    > choose the option to extract here.But contrarily as to what normally
    > happen,nothing is happening.I rebooted thinking it was a quirk and it
    > would be fine but the same is still happening.Anybody has any idea.I
    > never had such issue before.Thanks for your help!

    You'll have to install Service Pak 2, if you haven't done so already. It
    comes with lots of features regarding .zip files.
    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV (Confirmation coming up any time now.)
    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, Apr 12, 2005

  3. cd69

    °Mike° Guest

    If you are doing this without saving the file/s first, it
    is because WinZip can not extract the contents to the
    Agent database -- save the file/s first.

    In <ECD6e.966443$8l.104302@pd7tw1no>,
    cd69 took 8 lines to utter:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 12, 2005
  4. cd69

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Problem with WinZip
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => cd69 <= wrote:

    >Hi there!Something funny is happening.I downloaded a few files with Agent
    >and they are in WinZip format.I highlighted the files and choose the option
    >to extract here.But contrarily as to what normally happen,nothing is
    >happening.I rebooted thinking it was a quirk and it would be fine but the
    >same is still happening.Anybody has any idea.I never had such issue
    >before.Thanks for your help!

    Are they multi-part binaries that you d/l'ed? In Agent you highlight all the
    parts of the binary then hit "save attachments" Agent should then join them
    automatically. If it doesn't then hit "join attachments".

    In other words.... Are you sure you got the .zip file in its entirety?

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Apr 12, 2005
  5. cd69

    cd69 Guest

    Already have service pack 2.Not the issue!

    cd69, Apr 13, 2005
  6. cd69

    cd69 Guest

    No the issue here!The files have been downloaded as usual by highlighting
    them and using Save all attachments.They are then downloaded to my "Agent
    download" folder.I have done this countless time but for the first
    time,WinZip won't let me extract the files.It gives me the option after
    highlighting the files but it doesn't do anything after.Weird!I have no idea
    what to do next!

    cd69, Apr 13, 2005
  7. cd69

    cd69 Guest

    Yes,they were multi part.I did the same operation I have done countless
    time,save attachments,then try to unzip them but to no avail.I highlight
    them and choose extract here and nothing happens after.Now it won't let me
    do anything with them.Weird!

    cd69, Apr 13, 2005
  8. cd69

    °Mike° Guest

    Then open the files individually and use the 'Test' feature,
    to test the integrity of the files. If that doesn't help, uninstall
    and reinstall WinZip.

    In <CvZ6e.986233$8l.102133@pd7tw1no>,
    cd69 took 29 lines to utter:

    >No the issue here!The files have been downloaded as usual by highlighting
    >them and using Save all attachments.They are then downloaded to my "Agent
    >download" folder.I have done this countless time but for the first
    >time,WinZip won't let me extract the files.It gives me the option after
    >highlighting the files but it doesn't do anything after.Weird!I have no idea
    >what to do next!
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> If you are doing this without saving the file/s first, it
    >> is because WinZip can not extract the contents to the
    >> Agent database -- save the file/s first.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 13, 2005