    file???
    Help I am at my wits end in trying to solve this situation.
    Mary

    M. K. Gunn, May 16, 2005

  2. M. K. Gunn

    Joel Spencer Guest

    Hi mary,

    I can take a look at it if you want. email me.

    Regards,

    Joel

    www.computing-elite.com

    Joel Spencer, May 16, 2005

  3. M. K. Gunn

    old jon Guest

    Hi M. Re-install MS office. Always try to uninstall software via Control
    panel. best wishes..J

    old jon, May 16, 2005
  4. M. K. Gunn

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 04:10:35 -0700, M. K. Gunn wrote:

    >When I installed Microsoft Office 2003 I ran into some problems and so I
    >used the "System Restore" hoping to get back to before the installation.
    >Well in doing this some how I messed something up and when I try to up date
    >I get an error message about the installer missing. Everytime I open
    >Outlook 2003 I get a window that Windo Installer is preparing to Install and
    >it keeps popping up. Is there a way to repair this/install the missing
    >file???
    >Help I am at my wits end in trying to solve this situation.
    >Mary

    What version of the OS?

    You could depending on version d/l and reinstall the MS Installer app.

    IIRC it's also possibe to reregister the MSI (MS Installer). Google for
    that one, the msg you give isn't too uncommon.

    www.google.com
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 3,730,000 English pages for
    Windows Installer is preparing to Install and
    (0.26 seconds)

    Then if you add 'office' or someother keyword like 'kb' to get the MS
    articles the search results are

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 236,000 English pages for
    kb Windows Installer is preparing to Install and
    (0.35 seconds)

    add office to the search

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 102,000 English pages for
    office kb Windows Installer is preparing to Install and
    (0.23 seconds)

    3.7million pages to 100,000.

    Me

    why?, May 16, 2005