    unsafe attachment in your mail" It would be okay except they are from
    friends and family. How can I get this corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq
    computer and IE6. Thanks.

    Stella, Aug 25, 2003

  2. 1. read the Help|Readme file that came with your Updated OE.(You DO read
    Readme files when you update or install new software, don't you?)
    2. Try a Google search. 120,000 hits at the last count.
    3. Search the Outlook Express group.
    4. Search THIS group
    5. Go to Tools-Options-Security and review the settings if you are too lazy
    to do any of the above.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Stella

    ilmc Guest

    Stella typed:
    > I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an
    > attachment I cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed access
    > to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" It would be okay
    > except they are from friends and family. How can I get this
    > corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq computer and IE6. Thanks.

    Oh, forget Gordon.
    OE tools, options, security. Un-click the bit about "do not allow
    attachments..."
    ilmc, Aug 25, 2003
  4. "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Oh, forget Gordon.
    > OE tools, options, security. Un-click the bit about "do not allow
    > attachments..."

    if you re-read my post, the last option was to "Go to Tools-Options-Security
    and review the settings." It's called self-help.
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Aug 25, 2003
  5. Stella

    Stella Guest

    Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.

    Stella, Aug 25, 2003
  6. Stella

    Boomer Guest

    Stella said:

    > I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an
    > attachment I cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed
    > access to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" It would
    > be okay except they are from friends and family. How can I get
    > this corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq computer and IE6.
    > Thanks.

    Can Not Open Attachments OE6

    OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6 (Q291387)
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q291387

    Tools> Options> Security Tab and uncheck the "Do not allow attachments
    to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box.
    Boomer, Aug 25, 2003
  7. Stella

    ilmc Guest

    Stella typed:
    > Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.

    ;-) You're welcome

    ilmc, Aug 25, 2003
  8. "Stella" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.

    Well I certainly wasn't rude (you were lucky one or two others didn't
    reply), but I wanted to make the point that there were quite a few places
    and methods you could have used to find the information BEFORE posting a
    question that has literally been posted THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of times in
    the last few months.

    Usenet good posting guide: Research your question first, and only when you
    have exhausted all possibilities, ask the question!
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Aug 25, 2003
  9. Stella

    ilmc Guest

    Gordon Burgess-Parker typed:
    > "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> Oh, forget Gordon.
    >> OE tools, options, security. Un-click the bit about "do not allow
    >> attachments..."
    >>

    > if you re-read my post, the last option was to "Go to
    > Tools-Options-Security and review the settings." It's called
    > self-help.

    I was bored to death by then.
    ilmc, Aug 25, 2003
  10. Stella

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Stella continued:

    > I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an
    > attachment I cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed access
    > to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" It would be okay
    > except they are from friends and family. How can I get this
    > corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq computer and IE6. Thanks.

    Grr.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 25, 2003
  11. Stella

    Boomer Guest

    ilmc said:

    > Stella typed:
    >> Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.

    > ;-) You're welcome

    [snip]

    Aaaaaah! How sweet!

    --
    ;)
    Boomer, Aug 25, 2003
  12. Stella

    ilmc Guest

    >> Gordon Burgess-Parker typed:
    >>> "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> if you re-read my post, the last option was to "Go to
    >>> Tools-Options-Security and review the settings." It's called
    >>> self-help.

    >> I was bored to death by then.
    >>

    > Well don't comment on posts you haven't read in their entirety then.

    Yawn
    ilmc, Aug 25, 2003
  13. Stella

    Kraftee Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > ilmc said:

    >> Stella typed:
    >>> Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.

    >> ;-) You're welcome
    >>

    > [snip]
    >
    > Aaaaaah! How sweet!

    Next thing they'll be doing is wiping it's bottom & changing it's
    nappy.... LOL

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Aug 25, 2003
  14. Stella

    ilmc Guest

    Boomer typed:
    > ilmc said:

    >> Stella typed:
    >>> Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.

    >> ;-) You're welcome
    >>

    > [snip]
    >
    > Aaaaaah! How sweet!

    What's the emoticon for a raspberry?
    :)
    ilmc, Aug 25, 2003
  15. Stella

    Kraftee Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    > ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Stella
    > continued:
    >
    >> I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an
    >> attachment I cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed access
    >> to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" It would be okay
    >> except they are from friends and family. How can I get this
    >> corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq computer and IE6. Thanks.

    > Grr.

    Patience, keep taking the tablets, you never know in a millenium or
    two people may just try to help themselves instead of expecting it to
    be spoon fed to them...

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Aug 25, 2003
  16. Stella

    ilmc Guest

    Kraftee typed:
    > Boomer wrote:
    >> ilmc said:

    >>> Stella typed:
    >>>
    >>> ;-) You're welcome
    >>>

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> Aaaaaah! How sweet!

    > Next thing they'll be doing is wiping it's bottom & changing it's
    > nappy.... LOL

    Yueck!
    ilmc, Aug 25, 2003
  17. Stella

    ilmc Guest

    Boomer typed:
    > ilmc said:

    >> Boomer typed:

    >>> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> Aaaaaah! How sweet!

    >> What's the emoticon for a raspberry?
    >> :)

    > :p~~

    Noted and saved.
    What's the emoticon for "I'm being really serious here?"
    ilmc, Aug 25, 2003
  18. Stella

    Conor Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.

    You mean there are people still prepared to put up with idiots
    incapable of reading the included help file.

    --
    ________________________
    Conor Turton

    ICQ:31909763
    ________________________
    Conor, Aug 25, 2003
  19. Stella

    Conor Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > this is the place i start,

    Lazy bastard.

    --
    ________________________
    Conor Turton

    ICQ:31909763
    ________________________
    Conor, Aug 25, 2003
  20. Stella

    ilmc Guest

    Conor typed:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.

    > You mean there are people still prepared to put up with idiots
    > incapable of reading the included help file.

    Everyone starts somewhere.
    You are an intolerant prick.
    Lay back and get a life.
    ilmc, Aug 25, 2003