problem with vlan + arp

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Matteo, Sep 7, 2008.

  1. Matteo

    Matteo Guest

    Hi,

    I have this situation, cisco 2811 + some catalyst 3560, connect in
    "trunk mode" and other unmanaged switch connect to catalyst 3560 with
    port configure in "access mode".
    Cisco 2811 term every vlan using sub-inf in "encapsulation dot1q vlan-
    id" and doing routing between every vlan.
    Sometimes some host connect to unmanaged l2 switch not reply to ping,
    this host usually are Access Point Mikrotik or Motorola, but traffic
    flow regular, infact if I connect in our l2 domain I can ping
    they...... so I type on cisco 2811 on console "clear arp-cache" and
    every return to work fine.
    I check arp table and it is correct, I disable ip proxy-arp on sub-inf
    but nothing.
    Every catalyst in trunk mode is connect to other by wireless link by
    Alavarion in bridge mode.

    I haven't ideaa.... have you somethings that I can try ??

    Thank you so much in advance,

    Matteo
    Matteo, Sep 7, 2008

  2. Matteo

    Matteo Guest

    Thank you, I add "arp timeout 300" and now I check if it work fine,
    tomorrow I reply somethings to you.

    Bye

    Matteo

    Matteo, Sep 8, 2008