    I just downloaded Vista and i click on the vista icon to install it and
    nothing happons nothing loads just nothing happons. My computer specs are AMD
    3700+ 2.7ghz, 1g Ram, 160gb HD, and a BFG 6600GT. Need urgent help, thanks :)

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVsc29u?=, Jun 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmVsc29u?=

    Rick Guest

    THIS IS NOT A VISTA SUPPORT GROUP. THIS IS A
    WINDOWS XP, 2003 X64/IA64 SUPPORT GROUP.

    Vista questions, please post to the appropriate
    ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating
    to Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and
    IA 64.

    Here is a list of available newsgroups for
    Windows Vista as of today:

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account_passwords
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

    Head on over to the following page at
    Microsoft's website on how to configure
    your newsreader to read Microsoft's Public
    Newsgroups:

    Rick, Jun 24, 2006

  3. It sounds like you are clicking on the image file icon as though it was a
    program. It is not. It is the icon for a dvd image which has to be burned
    to a disc and the disc used like the disc that XP comes on. Go the
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general for postings on this subject and
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview/resourcecenter.mspx
    to begin learning about installing and using Vista.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 24, 2006
  4. I have the same Processor etc and I loaded the 32 bit version after trying
    the 64 bit. I can't get on the internet any longer (using kids computer for
    this). Lost all music files, all e-mail correspondence. I am trying to find
    drivers for my ethernet card. Don't load vista without partitoning your hard
    drive and saving everthing to the new F drive. I didn't and now I am
    scrambling

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFyeWw=?=, Oct 31, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TmVsc29u?=

    - Bobb - Guest

    Try Vista newsgroup ( above)

    Each OS goes on its own partiton.

    Also, load oldest (32 bit anything) prior to 64 bit version so that you
    end up with latest boot info. Quite often the older OS does not know
    what the newer version is (since it didn't exist when written).

    - Bobb -, Oct 31, 2006