    will check the uninstalled memory and some thing with Dep either hardware
    on mother board (what am I looking for) or software in vista on by default
    in 64 bit.. Any ideas would help Thanks
    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008

  2. If you're seeing crashes when it goes to the secure desktop, this is a often
    a sign of video driver problems. And if your video on that is nvidia, I'd be
    highly suspicious.

    If DEP is triggering a reboot, then something bad is going on. DEP only acts
    when something is writing outside of where it's supposed to.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 11, 2008

  3. Ok thanks it is a nvidia NX7600GS. What driver should I use? and
    how do I update it or change it. Thanks again

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008
  4. Just installed what vista said was a driver will keep you posted I am
    keeping my finger crossed. Thanks again

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008
  5. Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 solved

    This group is great. I have been following and using thru xp 64 and vista
    betas, what I thought was dep problem was a video driver problem, now
    back to the memory issue, thanks Again

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008
  6. Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 solved sort of

    Was able to activate, but tried to refresh performance index and system
    froze again. I did put back another pair of memory so I am getting closer.
    Thanks

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008
  7. Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 solved sort of not

    If it is a video driver what driver should I use for NX7600GS. and how
    do I install it. Vista driver only helped a little like to get me
    activated but for secure screens otherwise it still crashes or locks up I
    tried to do a disk clean up and I get a black screen. reboot 2x and I am
    back to start desk top Help

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008
  8. Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 video driver

    it is a video driver by changing drivers I am able to change where system
    locks up. I just tried to install office connector as administrator and
    system locks up. That was with signed 100.65 What driver for NX7600GS do
    I need to install? and how do I install it. or do I need another video
    card? I am to tired to think I have been at this install well forth try
    in 2 days for a very long time 2am and I am fading fast Thanks

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008
  9. Matt Schneyer

    Carlos Guest

    Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 video driver

    Matt,
    The latest NVidia drivers for your card are v175.19.
    English version of those drivers can be downloaded here:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_175.19_whql.html
    Be sure tu uninstal the previous driver first, then reboot and afterwards
    install the 175.19's.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 11, 2008
  10. Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 video driver uninstall for reinstall of

    I have it down loaded . So I get it right how do I uninstall driver so I do
    a clean install of it. I ask because I thought I had that one installed
    before the one that is installed. Thanks

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008
  11. Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 video driver uninstall for reinstall of

    that was worse, changed card to old graphics card system rating dropped
    from 4.6 to one but I can now get to secure desk top with out problem.
    What agp card works with vista I am not a gamer but into photos and
    graphics. are there any drivers to get from standard vga adapter for my
    quatro card. This one may work. it is allowing the secure desk top. Help

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008
  12. Matt Schneyer

    Carlos Guest

    Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 video driver uninstall

    Matt,
    If you have switched to a Quadro class card, choose your version here:
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    Uninstalling the drivers can be done by two ways:
    1.- Control Panel (uninstalling NVidia software).
    2.- Deleting the card from Device Manager and checking the box to uninstall
    the software also.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 11, 2008
  13. Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 video driver uninstall

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008
  14. Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 video driver uninstall for reinstall of

    Well, it's pretty clear that the problem is the graphics driver, then. ;)

    As Carlos points out, there are special quadro drivers on the nVidia site.

    As to which AGP cards work well in Vista? I've had good success with
    mainline ATI cards, though I'd avoid the 1650 cards if you've got multiple
    monitors. They work, but there are sometimes monitor detection issues.
    Annoying, though you can work around the problem. The key is stability - I
    don't care what the score is, if the system isn't stable, it's useless.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 11, 2008
  15. Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 video driver uninstall for reinstall of

    I borrowed an ATI 9000 card installed and rebooted besides a noisy fan
    areo works beautifully. Either bad video card or really bad drivers.Now for
    the last 2 sticks of memory. Thank you thank you thank yo

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 12, 2008
  16. Re: problem with vista ultimate 64 Solved

    It was a driver issue I think, It may have been a bad card but I am not
    going there I am tired of reaching into the guts of my computers for the
    next couple of days and I do not want to crash the ones that working. I
    could not get nvidia to work past vga mode. By installing a ATI card
    granted a lesser card Vista Ultimate 64 is installed and really pretty
    stable. did crash it yesterday doing updates I did a restore in safe mode
    and started again. I am updated and running smoothly. My problem was all the
    cards I had at home that worked thru xp xp 64 and vista betas Nvidia cards
    were not supported in Vista Ultimate functional otherwise but not in Vista.
    My Quatro card was not supported I tried but could not find drivers, but
    enough the ATI card works is still working and I am now looking for an ATI
    agp card with the most bells and whistles that works in vista 64 ultimate.
    Thanks to the group for all the help

    System as it running now

    Tyan 2885 mother board with dual options 244's
    4 gigs of ecc reg memory Corsair actually seen by computer and memory hole
    thing corrected
    highpoint 1820 raid controller card with raid 5 in pci x slot 5 raptors
    and 3 in JBOD just disks
    2 drives off the on board SATA not raptors but good storage
    1 ide drive just because there was room and it is in removable tray
    ATI video card think it is a 1900 something not sure which one but it
    works
    Win TV HVR 1600 connected to my sat dish it works still sorting it out
    Waco graphics tablet it works with photo shop
    a card reader
    floppy drive necessary to get vista on c drive I tried usb drive for drivers
    and it was seen as c drive
    2 power supplies, 1000 watt and a 750 taking up the slack really pretty
    good at keeping my feet warm

    all stuffed in 2 thermeltake cases that are married together

    Vista Ultimate 64

    Office 2007, Avast home, Photoshop, spybot I am slowly adding programs as
    I need them

    Thanks again for the help
    Matt Schneyer, Aug 13, 2008
  17. Matt Schneyer

    PH Guest

    seems to be conflict of hardware & stabillity of os. sometimes all the best
    parts
    don't work well together due to compatibillity issues. also, vista &
    especially
    x64 have a still, long road to go for stabillity.

    PH, Aug 14, 2008
  18. With ATI card not nvidia card vista is rock solid, no problems thanks

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 14, 2008