    any help. Thanks.

    John
    , Feb 14, 2008

  2. Hi
    You have to find out what goes wrong with the USB card.
    It could be Problem with Wireless card, it could Hardware Problem with the
    USB on your Motherboard, and it could be some file trashing relates to the
    USB functions in the OS Installation.
    On the simple side you can try to log to the Wireless card support site
    download the latest drivers and install them.
    If it does mot solve the problem, depending on the complexity of the
    installation you can try to refresh windows by installing and repairing the
    current installation with WinXP SP2 original CD. Refreshing via Install
    Repair should maintain the structure, and your files as is.
    Or you can get a nice inexpensive PCI Wireless card like this,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315041
    Jack (MVP-Networking).
    Disclaimer - I have no connection with any Brand that manufactures Network
    Devices (or any other computer hardware) of any kind, nor any connection
    computer's hardware vendors. My comments are as a frame of reference based
    on hardware that I buy with my own money.

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 14, 2008

  3. smlunatick Guest

    On Feb 14, 3:42 pm, wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > My 2 years old PC is installed with Windows XP SP2 and it has several
    > USP interfaces. Everything works fine except one problem with the USB
    > interface that I cannot fix for long time.
    >
    > I am using one of the USB interface for the wireless connection to my
    > cable modem for internet access. It works fine if I do nothing with
    > other USB interface. But wireless connection will be gone if I unplug
    > any devices from other USB interface. I have to unplug the wireless
    > modem and replug it back to the USB to get it work again. I have tried
    > many things with no luck so far. I appreciate it if you can give me
    > any help. Thanks.
    >
    > John

    I had the "exact" problem with my USB wireless! Double check the USB
    ports so as the see which controller chips it uses. I had a ALi based
    USB ports which were constantly loosing my wireless acess. ALi (Acer
    Labs) seems to be "known" for USB port problems since a lot of USB
    device vendors port "work arounds" for these chips. I was luck to be
    able to replace the ALi ports with a NEC based controller and all is
    well since.
    smlunatick, Feb 15, 2008