    Hi,
    I have NIS 2006 on my machine. In the Alerts Section of the log
    File I have several entries as below.

    26/08/2006 19:51:36,Unauthorized access logged,"SymProtect
    Event Details:
    Time: 26/08/2006 19:51:36
    Actor: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\WMIPRVSE.EXE (PID=3656)
    Target: C:\program files\common files\symantec
    shared\options\symad.dll
    Action: Unauthorized access
    Reaction: Unauthorized access stopped

    Is this normal or do I have a problem
    Regards
    James
    James, Aug 29, 2006

  2. James wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have NIS 2006 on my machine. In the Alerts Section of the log
    > File I have several entries as below.
    >
    > 26/08/2006 19:51:36,Unauthorized access logged,"SymProtect
    > Event Details:
    > Time: 26/08/2006 19:51:36
    > Actor: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\WMIPRVSE.EXE (PID=3656)
    > Target: C:\program files\common files\symantec
    > shared\options\symad.dll
    > Action: Unauthorized access
    > Reaction: Unauthorized access stopped
    >
    > Is this normal

    Yes, Symantec's software does spill out such stupid nonsense.

    > or do I have a problem

    Well, as you already said, you're running NIS 2006 on your machine.
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Aug 29, 2006

  3. From: "James" <>

    | Hi,
    | I have NIS 2006 on my machine. In the Alerts Section of the log
    | File I have several entries as below.
    |
    | 26/08/2006 19:51:36,Unauthorized access logged,"SymProtect
    | Event Details:
    | Time: 26/08/2006 19:51:36
    | Actor: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\WMIPRVSE.EXE (PID=3656)
    | Target: C:\program files\common files\symantec
    | shared\options\symad.dll
    | Action: Unauthorized access
    | Reaction: Unauthorized access stopped
    |
    | Is this normal or do I have a problem
    | Regards
    | James

    Posted and answered.

    Please don't Multi-Post. Plaese learn to Cross-Post to pertinet, On Topic, News Groups
    instead.
    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
    David H. Lipman, Aug 29, 2006
  4. James

    James Guest

    On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:59:14 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >From: "James" <>
    >
    >| Hi,
    >| I have NIS 2006 on my machine. In the Alerts Section of the log
    >| File I have several entries as below.
    >|
    >| 26/08/2006 19:51:36,Unauthorized access logged,"SymProtect
    >| Event Details:
    >| Time: 26/08/2006 19:51:36
    >| Actor: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\WMIPRVSE.EXE (PID=3656)
    >| Target: C:\program files\common files\symantec
    >| shared\options\symad.dll
    >| Action: Unauthorized access
    >| Reaction: Unauthorized access stopped
    >|
    >| Is this normal or do I have a problem
    >| Regards
    >| James
    >
    >Posted and answered.
    >
    >Please don't Multi-Post. Plaese learn to Cross-Post to pertinet, On Topic, News Groups
    >instead.

    Sorry and thanks again
    Regards
    James