problem with 'tv out' & display card

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by cein, May 6, 2005.

  1. cein

    cein Guest

    I wanted to play a DVD in DVD drive but it came up with the error F4D41436
    and said that the TV out part of the display card is not working properly.

    and This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is
    enabled.

    Does anybody know where I can find the display card on my computer to try
    and see if the settings can be reset or something?

    The only recent changes I can think of on the system were when I was playing
    a new computer game it came up with some message about how it had picked the
    optimum video settings for the game and did I want to accept these settings,
    so I said yes, but now I don't know how to get it to change the settings
    back.

    can anybody help?
    I'm using PowerDVD btw.

    thanks

    ceindreadh

    cein, May 6, 2005

  2. cein

    Kenny Guest

    Right click a blank area of Desktop then Properties then Settings then
    either Troubleshooting or Advanced.

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, May 6, 2005

  3. cein

    Guest

    I just installed PowerDVD v5 and started to get this problem when
    playing DVD's. There are _many_ posts about this error code in various
    newsgroups. The problem appears to involve copy protection of newer
    DVD's.

    The fix (for me) was to download the latest powerDVD patch from
    cyberlink. Although there was no mention of this error on cyberlinks
    website, I can play DVD's without this error anymore.

    I have an HTPC with an nvidia 4200ti card using the main VGA output.
    (Note: I am not using the TV out feature at all.)

    good luck

    , May 9, 2005