    http://www.btinternet.com/~caralarms/bouquets.htm

    TIA
    Tracey
    Tight Guard Security, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Tight Guard Security

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:39:40 +0000 (UTC), Tight Guard Security wrote:

    As per subject the thumbnails all appear okay, it's the linked pictures
    that follow that are a problem.

    >I seem to have come stuck on this one guys. I was hoping someone could help
    >me out it only started to happen recently, I did all the others pics with
    >no problem.
    > It keeps showing a 404 error when you click on the 1st pink picture and

    So the 1st pink picture is really which one?
    The 1st row, 1st picture, under a heading WS24a and the picture name is
    wc24.
    http://www.btinternet.com/~caralarms/wc24apink.jpg
    fails, while the thumbnail is
    http://www.btinternet.com/~caralarms/wc24apink_small.jpg
    which is okay.

    Do the files really exist at the locations specified?

    Did you upload the pictures in Binary mode (if using FTP) or via which
    different method.

    The server (which is UNIX basedand using Apache) is case sensitive, so
    on a Windows OS

    ( HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:22:10 GMT
    Server: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
    mod_fastcgi/2.4.2
    Last-Modified: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:32:11 GMT )

    based PC wc24apink.jpg is the same as Wc24aPink.jpg , on a non-Windows
    OS it's not the same file.

    To make life easier your picture file names should all be lower case and
    the HTML links use lower case as well.

    There is also a lot of crap and useless HTML in there, but then again
    it's - Microsoft FrontPage 5.0 getting rid of 60% HTML in this case
    which is useless always makes it easier to see problems.

    Using '_' for divisions, using ' ' spaces to space things out, no use of
    entity characters to represent currency symbols, fixed heights/widths,
    poor use of fixed font size, 1 font selection no alternatives (last 2
    repeated many times, makes the incorrectly defined sytles at the top a
    waste of space) , font COLOR, font in h1 style
    font-family:"Calligraph421 BT"; so where do I get this font to see how
    you intended to display the text.

    Validator,
    Address: http://www.btinternet.com/~caralarms/bouquets.htm
    Encoding: windows-1252
    Doctype: HTML 4.01 Transitional
    Errors: 85

    >also the complete second row of pictures.
    >
    >http://www.btinternet.com/~caralarms/bouquets.htm

    Tight Guard Security - caralarms again...... trying something new.

    Me
    why?, Aug 9, 2004

  3. Tight Guard Security

    °Mike° Guest

    Are the files uploaded to the correct directory?
    Have you considered using something other
    than FrontPage crap?

    On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:39:40 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cf8jtr$ild$>
    Tight Guard Security scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 9, 2004
  4. "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Are the files uploaded to the correct directory?
    > Have you considered using something other
    > than FrontPage crap?

    I have been happy for sometime using frontpage with no problem as of now.
    I did have problems with BT as it changed the server to ftp btopenworld from
    ftp btinternet nly a few days ago.
    Tight Guard Security, Aug 9, 2004
  5. Tight Guard Security

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:45:44 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cf8npl$p0b$>
    Tight Guard Security scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Are the files uploaded to the correct directory?
    >> Have you considered using something other
    >> than FrontPage crap?

    >I have been happy for sometime using frontpage with no problem as of now.

    A major problem with FrontPage, is that it created crap
    code.

    >I did have problems with BT as it changed the server to ftp btopenworld from
    >ftp btinternet nly a few days ago.

    This wouldn't explain how the other images are accessible,
    but the one's you mention are 404; and you didn't answer
    my question about the correct directory.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 9, 2004
  6. "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message

    > On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:39:40 +0000 (UTC), Tight Guard Security wrote:
    >
    > As per subject the thumbnails all appear okay, it's the linked pictures
    > that follow that are a problem.

    Yes thats correct

    > >I seem to have come stuck on this one guys. I was hoping someone could

    help
    > >me out it only started to happen recently, I did all the others pics with
    > >no problem.
    > > It keeps showing a 404 error when you click on the 1st pink picture and

    > So the 1st pink picture is really which one?
    > The 1st row, 1st picture, under a heading WS24a and the picture name is
    > wc24.
    > http://www.btinternet.com/~caralarms/wc24apink.jpg
    > fails, while the thumbnail is
    > http://www.btinternet.com/~caralarms/wc24apink_small.jpg
    > which is okay.
    >
    > Do the files really exist at the locations specified?

    No they still show 404
    > Did you upload the pictures in Binary mode (if using FTP) or via which
    > different method.

    Sorry bit lost now ftp terrapin if that helps.

    > The server (which is UNIX basedand using Apache) is case sensitive, so
    > on a Windows OS
    >
    > ( HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    > Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:22:10 GMT
    > Server: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
    > mod_fastcgi/2.4.2
    > Last-Modified: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:32:11 GMT )
    >

    > based PC wc24apink.jpg is the same as Wc24aPink.jpg , on a non-Windows
    > OS it's not the same file.

    Now I can see where its got a capital W

    > To make life easier your picture file names should all be lower case and
    > the HTML links use lower case as well.

    Yep ok will do that from now on.

    > There is also a lot of crap and useless HTML in there, but then again
    > it's - Microsoft FrontPage 5.0 getting rid of 60% HTML in this case
    > which is useless always makes it easier to see problems.
    > Using '_' for divisions, using ' ' spaces to space things out, no use of
    > entity characters to represent currency symbols, fixed heights/widths,
    > poor use of fixed font size, 1 font selection no alternatives (last 2
    > repeated many times, makes the incorrectly defined sytles at the top a
    > waste of space) , font COLOR, font in h1 style
    > font-family:"Calligraph421 BT"; so where do I get this font to see how
    > you intended to display the text.

    Yes when I first started uploading I use to make that mistake, I belive i
    was careful,

    > Validator,
    > Address: http://www.btinternet.com/~caralarms/bouquets.htm
    > Encoding: windows-1252
    > Doctype: HTML 4.01 Transitional
    > Errors: 85
    >

    > >also the complete second row of pictures.
    > >
    > >http://www.btinternet.com/~caralarms/bouquets.htm

    > Tight Guard Security - caralarms again...... trying something new.

    Sorry its my site my brothers is now still doing the car alarms
    www.carsecurity1.co.uk

    Many thanks for your time
    Tight Guard Security, Aug 9, 2004
  7. "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:45:44 +0000 (UTC), in
    > <cf8npl$p0b$>
    > Tight Guard Security scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Are the files uploaded to the correct directory?
    > >> Have you considered using something other
    > >> than FrontPage crap?

    > >I have been happy for sometime using frontpage with no problem as of now.

    > A major problem with FrontPage, is that it created crap
    > code.
    >
    > >I did have problems with BT as it changed the server to ftp btopenworld

    from
    > >ftp btinternet nly a few days ago.

    > This wouldn't explain how the other images are accessible,
    > but the one's you mention are 404; and you didn't answer
    > my question about the correct directory.

    I dont know which other directory there is for bt I use the public one which
    is btopenworld and not the geocity one or btinternet
    Thanks Mike for your patience. Dumb blonde I guess
    Tight Guard Security, Aug 9, 2004
  8. Tight Guard Security

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:09:32 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cf8p6b$mg$>
    Tight Guard Security scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:45:44 +0000 (UTC), in
    >> <cf8npl$p0b$>
    >> Tight Guard Security scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >I have been happy for sometime using frontpage with no problem as of now.

    >> A major problem with FrontPage, is that it created crap
    >> code.
    >>
    >> >I did have problems with BT as it changed the server to ftp btopenworld

    >from
    >> >ftp btinternet nly a few days ago.

    >> This wouldn't explain how the other images are accessible,
    >> but the one's you mention are 404; and you didn't answer
    >> my question about the correct directory.

    >I dont know which other directory there is for bt I use the public one which
    >is btopenworld and not the geocity one or btinternet
    >Thanks Mike for your patience. Dumb blonde I guess

    There is no difference; they are exactly the same address:

    whois -h whois.geektools.com ftp.btinternet.com
    217.135.237.45

    whois -h whois.geektools.com ftp.btopenworld.com
    217.135.237.45

    What I meant was, have you checked yourself, that
    the files actually have been uploaded, and the filenames
    are correct?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 9, 2004
  9. Tight Guard Security wrote:

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Are the files uploaded to the correct directory?
    >> Have you considered using something other
    >> than FrontPage crap?

    > I have been happy for sometime using frontpage with no problem as of now.
    > I did have problems with BT as it changed the server to ftp btopenworld from
    > ftp btinternet nly a few days ago.

    If you still have no success, here, you might want to take your issue to
    alt.html. There are some very good heads there.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 9, 2004
  10. "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:09:32 +0000 (UTC), in
    > <cf8p6b$mg$>
    > Tight Guard Security scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:45:44 +0000 (UTC), in
    > >> <cf8npl$p0b$>
    > >> Tight Guard Security scrawled:

    now.

    > >> A major problem with FrontPage, is that it created crap
    > >> code.

    btopenworld
    > >from
    > >>
    > >> This wouldn't explain how the other images are accessible,
    > >> but the one's you mention are 404; and you didn't answer
    > >> my question about the correct directory.

    > >I dont know which other directory there is for bt I use the public one

    which
    > >is btopenworld and not the geocity one or btinternet
    > >Thanks Mike for your patience. Dumb blonde I guess

    > There is no difference; they are exactly the same address:
    >
    > whois -h whois.geektools.com ftp.btinternet.com
    > 217.135.237.45
    >
    > whois -h whois.geektools.com ftp.btopenworld.com
    > 217.135.237.45
    >
    > What I meant was, have you checked yourself, that
    > the files actually have been uploaded, and the filenames
    > are correct?

    Yes it says susefully loaded and it gives a roar sound using Terrapin.
    Thanks any way Mke & all.
    Tight Guard Security, Aug 10, 2004
  11. Mike Said:
    > What I meant was, have you checked yourself, that
    > > the files actually have been uploaded, and the filenames
    > > are correct?

    sorry what I meant to say the files are going to the correct folder as the
    text is showing on the page thats not the problem, its the links to the 2nd
    row pictures I have uploaded the small pics with no problem as there
    showing.
    Tight Guard Security, Aug 10, 2004
  12. Tight Guard Security

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:50:22 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cf9r7e$esr$>
    Tight Guard Security scrawled:

    >Mike Said:
    > > What I meant was, have you checked yourself, that
    >> > the files actually have been uploaded, and the filenames
    >> > are correct?

    >sorry what I meant to say the files are going to the correct folder as the
    >text is showing on the page thats not the problem, its the links to the 2nd
    >row pictures I have uploaded the small pics with no problem as there
    >showing.

    Now what you are saying doesn't make any sense at all.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 10, 2004