Problem with the new upgrade to 1.0.7

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by jeppojepp@yahoo.it, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. Guest

    , Sep 28, 2005

  2. ar@x Guest

    wrote:
    > This site does not work anymore http://www.viamichelin.com
    >
    > Some Flash ad appears on the page
    > and I cannot get it off

    Yes it does (just tried it).

    If you have the 'Noscript' extension installed, please make sure
    you enable the site to use Javascript.

    ar@x, Sep 28, 2005

  3. ar@x Guest

    ar@x wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> This site does not work anymore http://www.viamichelin.com
    >>
    >> Some Flash ad appears on the page
    >> and I cannot get it off

    > Yes it does (just tried it).
    >
    > If you have the 'Noscript' extension installed, please make sure
    > you enable the site to use Javascript.

    I should add that I use 'Flashblock v 1.3.1' - so
    I see no flash ad.

    ar@x, Sep 28, 2005
  4. Guest

    Javascript is on, but it does not work well

    Same problem with http://www.meteo.it
    if you click on the "Località turistiche" icon.

    Thanks

    , Sep 29, 2005
  5. ar@x Guest

    <> wrote in message
    Javascript is on, but it does not work well

    Same problem with http://www.meteo.it
    if you click on the "Località turistiche" icon.

    Yes, I too have a problem with the "Localita turistiche"
    page. It appears to be a flash page which does not start in
    FF (but it displays OK in IE).

    One suggestion - if you visit this site very often, why not
    use the Tools >> 'Always view this page in IE' feature
    of FF. Else, find another weather forcaster... :)

    --
    Kes

    ar@x, Sep 29, 2005
  6. ar@x wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > Javascript is on, but it does not work well
    >
    > Same problem with http://www.meteo.it
    > if you click on the "Località turistiche" icon.
    >

    > Yes, I too have a problem with the "Localita turistiche"
    > page. It appears to be a flash page which does not start in
    > FF (but it displays OK in IE).
    >
    > One suggestion - if you visit this site very often, why not
    > use the Tools >> 'Always view this page in IE' feature
    > of FF. Else, find another weather forcaster... :)

    You must be thinking of Netscape 8, which has the option to use IE's
    rendering engine. There is no Tools>>Always view this page in IE in
    Firefox.

    Actually, there isn't in NS8 either. There is View>>Rendering
    Engine>>Display page like Internet Explorer.

    By the way, your sig delimiter is malformed, it should be dash dash
    space. Yours is just dash dash, do TB in not stripping your sig. No
    big deal, since its only three letters, but just so's you know. :)

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 29, 2005
  7. wrote:
    > Javascript is on, but it does not work well
    >
    > Same problem with http://www.meteo.it
    > if you click on the "Località turistiche" icon.
    >
    > Thanks

    Opera 8 has exactly the same problem, leading me to believe that is is
    outdated, IE specific javascript.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 29, 2005
  8. Jedi Fans Guest

    ar@x wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > Javascript is on, but it does not work well
    >
    > Same problem with http://www.meteo.it
    > if you click on the "Località turistiche" icon.
    >

    > Yes, I too have a problem with the "Localita turistiche"
    > page. It appears to be a flash page which does not start in
    > FF (but it displays OK in IE).
    >
    > One suggestion - if you visit this site very often, why not
    > use the Tools >> 'Always view this page in IE' feature
    > of FF. Else, find another weather forcaster... :)

    This is part of IEview extension for Firefox, not part of the main codebase

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox

    Jedi Fans, Sep 29, 2005
  9. Jedi Fans wrote:
    > ar@x wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> Javascript is on, but it does not work well
    >>
    >> Same problem with http://www.meteo.it
    >> if you click on the "Località turistiche" icon.
    >>

    >> Yes, I too have a problem with the "Localita turistiche"
    >> page. It appears to be a flash page which does not start in
    >> FF (but it displays OK in IE).
    >>
    >> One suggestion - if you visit this site very often, why not
    >> use the Tools >> 'Always view this page in IE' feature
    >> of FF. Else, find another weather forcaster... :)
    >>

    > This is part of IEview extension for Firefox, not part of the main codebase

    Ah, I see. I am curious as to how that works. If you bookmark the page
    in Firefox, set the option, and click the bookmark, or just click on a
    link to the page, will it automatically open IE?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 29, 2005
  10. ar@x Guest

    Lee wrote:
    > You must be thinking of Netscape 8, which has the option to use IE's
    > rendering engine. There is no Tools>>Always view this page in IE in
    > Firefox.

    Really? My eyes must be deceiving me. I do not have Netscape installed.
    But I do see the ''Always view this page in IE" under my Tools menu.
    Perhaps it is put there by the IE View (1.2.5) Extension.

    --
    Kes

    ar@x, Sep 29, 2005
  11. ar@x wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> ar@x wrote:
    >>> <> wrote in message
    >>> Javascript is on, but it does not work well
    >>>
    >>> Same problem with http://www.meteo.it
    >>> if you click on the "Località turistiche" icon.
    >>>

    >>> Yes, I too have a problem with the "Localita turistiche"
    >>> page. It appears to be a flash page which does not start in
    >>> FF (but it displays OK in IE).
    >>>
    >>> One suggestion - if you visit this site very often, why not
    >>> use the Tools >> 'Always view this page in IE' feature
    >>> of FF. Else, find another weather forcaster... :)
    >>>

    >> You must be thinking of Netscape 8, which has the option to use IE's
    >> rendering engine. There is no Tools>>Always view this page in IE in
    >> Firefox.
    >>
    >> Actually, there isn't in NS8 either. There is View>>Rendering
    >> Engine>>Display page like Internet Explorer.
    >>
    >> By the way, your sig delimiter is malformed, it should be dash dash space.
    >> Yours is just dash dash, do TB in not stripping your sig. No big deal,
    >> since its only three letters, but just so's you know. :)
    >>

    > Lee wrote:
    >> You must be thinking of Netscape 8, which has the option to use IE's
    >> rendering engine. There is no Tools>>Always view this page in IE in
    >> Firefox.

    > Really? My eyes must be deceiving me. I do not have Netscape installed.
    > But I do see the ''Always view this page in IE" under my Tools menu.
    > Perhaps it is put there by the IE View (1.2.5) Extension.

    See JediFans post, its the result of the IEView extension. I use Launchy
    quite extensively, which pretty much obviates the need for IEView.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 29, 2005
  12. Jedi Fans Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Jedi Fans wrote:
    >> ar@x wrote:
    >>> One suggestion - if you visit this site very often, why not
    >>> use the Tools >> 'Always view this page in IE' feature
    >>> of FF. Else, find another weather forcaster... :)
    >>>

    >> This is part of IEview extension for Firefox, not part of the main
    >> codebase
    >>

    > Ah, I see. I am curious as to how that works. If you bookmark the page
    > in Firefox, set the option, and click the bookmark, or just click on a
    > link to the page, will it automatically open IE?
    >
    > Lee

    no idea as i dont use windows anymore :p

    Jedi Fans, Sep 29, 2005
  13. gwtc Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Jedi Fans wrote:
    >
    >> ar@x wrote:
    >>
    >>> <> wrote in message
    >>> Javascript is on, but it does not work well
    >>>
    >>> Same problem with http://www.meteo.it
    >>> if you click on the "Località turistiche" icon.
    >>>

    >>> Yes, I too have a problem with the "Localita turistiche"
    >>> page. It appears to be a flash page which does not start in
    >>> FF (but it displays OK in IE).
    >>>
    >>> One suggestion - if you visit this site very often, why not
    >>> use the Tools >> 'Always view this page in IE' feature
    >>> of FF. Else, find another weather forcaster... :)
    >>>

    >> This is part of IEview extension for Firefox, not part of the main
    >> codebase
    >>

    > Ah, I see. I am curious as to how that works. If you bookmark the page
    > in Firefox, set the option, and click the bookmark, or just click on a
    > link to the page, will it automatically open IE?
    >
    > Lee

    IEView works similar to Launchy. If you're on a page, right click and
    select "View this page in IE". If you're on a link, you can right
    click and select "Open Link Target in IE." Like I said, very similar
    to Launchy.

    IEView: http://ieview.mozdev.org/
    Launchy: http://launchy.mozdev.org/

    And I have both installed with no problems. I'm sure that one could
    configure IEView to open other browsers, but I use Launchy to do that.
    I wish I could get it to open Netscape 7.2 and 8.x. Oh well, thats
    another story.

    gwtc, Sep 29, 2005
  14. gwtc wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Jedi Fans wrote:

    >>> This is part of IEview extension for Firefox, not part of the main
    >>> codebase
    >>>

    >> Ah, I see. I am curious as to how that works. If you bookmark the
    >> page in Firefox, set the option, and click the bookmark, or just click
    >> on a link to the page, will it automatically open IE?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > IEView works similar to Launchy. If you're on a page, right click and
    > select "View this page in IE". If you're on a link, you can right click
    > and select "Open Link Target in IE." Like I said, very similar to Launchy.
    >
    > IEView: http://ieview.mozdev.org/
    > Launchy: http://launchy.mozdev.org/
    >
    > And I have both installed with no problems. I'm sure that one could
    > configure IEView to open other browsers, but I use Launchy to do that.
    > I wish I could get it to open Netscape 7.2 and 8.x. Oh well, thats
    > another story.

    Well, we've been there at secnews. I wish I could explain why its
    working for me and not for you.

    As far as IEView, it sounds pretty much like it was when I tested it
    when it first came out. I dumped when Launchy reached maturity.

    I was most intrigued by ar@x's mention of a View>>Always view this page
    in IE entry. That wasn't there when I tested it, admittedly a long time
    ago, and I was curious as to how it works. Your link to the Mozdev page
    explains much about how IEView has matured.

    Of course, about the only page I have any need to access in IE is
    Windows update. For that I just open IE in the first place. I do open
    IE for testing, but Launchy does all that I need for that.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 30, 2005
  15. gwtc Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:

    >>> Ah, I see. I am curious as to how that works. If you bookmark the
    >>> page in Firefox, set the option, and click the bookmark, or just
    >>> click on a link to the page, will it automatically open IE?
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> IEView works similar to Launchy. If you're on a page, right click and
    >> select "View this page in IE". If you're on a link, you can right
    >> click and select "Open Link Target in IE." Like I said, very similar
    >> to Launchy.
    >>
    >> IEView: http://ieview.mozdev.org/
    >> Launchy: http://launchy.mozdev.org/
    >>
    >> And I have both installed with no problems. I'm sure that one could
    >> configure IEView to open other browsers, but I use Launchy to do that.
    >> I wish I could get it to open Netscape 7.2 and 8.x. Oh well, thats
    >> another story.

    > Well, we've been there at secnews. I wish I could explain why its
    > working for me and not for you.

    Strange indeed. Then again, it might be because you're using
    Seamonkey and/or WinXP, while I'm using Moz 1.7.12 and Win 98. Maybe
    one of those is the reason.

    Its like I can't manually change my UA to add a saying at the end,
    because everytime I restart Moz, it crashes in one of the Msvcrt.dll
    files. Yet, those with XP it works with no problems.

    > As far as IEView, it sounds pretty much like it was when I tested it
    > when it first came out. I dumped when Launchy reached maturity.
    >
    > I was most intrigued by ar@x's mention of a View>>Always view this page
    > in IE entry. That wasn't there when I tested it, admittedly a long time
    > ago, and I was curious as to how it works. Your link to the Mozdev page
    > explains much about how IEView has matured.

    I guess I'm still stuck on 0.84, and its currently at 1.2.5. It works
    fine as it is so I won't upgrade.

    gwtc, Sep 30, 2005
  16. gwtc wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> IEView works similar to Launchy. If you're on a page, right click
    >>> and select "View this page in IE". If you're on a link, you can
    >>> right click and select "Open Link Target in IE." Like I said, very
    >>> similar to Launchy.
    >>>
    >>> IEView: http://ieview.mozdev.org/
    >>> Launchy: http://launchy.mozdev.org/
    >>>
    >>> And I have both installed with no problems. I'm sure that one could
    >>> configure IEView to open other browsers, but I use Launchy to do
    >>> that. I wish I could get it to open Netscape 7.2 and 8.x. Oh well,
    >>> thats another story.

    >> Well, we've been there at secnews. I wish I could explain why its
    >> working for me and not for you.

    > Strange indeed. Then again, it might be because you're using Seamonkey
    > and/or WinXP, while I'm using Moz 1.7.12 and Win 98. Maybe one of those
    > is the reason.
    >
    > Its like I can't manually change my UA to add a saying at the end,
    > because everytime I restart Moz, it crashes in one of the Msvcrt.dll
    > files. Yet, those with XP it works with no problems.
    >

    >> As far as IEView, it sounds pretty much like it was when I tested it
    >> when it first came out. I dumped when Launchy reached maturity.
    >>
    >> I was most intrigued by ar@x's mention of a View>>Always view this
    >> page in IE entry. That wasn't there when I tested it, admittedly a
    >> long time ago, and I was curious as to how it works. Your link to the
    >> Mozdev page explains much about how IEView has matured.
    >>

    > I guess I'm still stuck on 0.84, and its currently at 1.2.5. It works
    > fine as it is so I won't upgrade.
    >
    >> Of course, about the only page I have any need to access in IE is
    >> Windows update. For that I just open IE in the first place. I do
    >> open IE for testing, but Launchy does all that I need for that.
    >>
    >> Lee

    I'm using Seamonkey/Firefox/Thunderbird on Win98/ME/XP, Mac OSX, Linux,
    depending on which machine or boot of machine I'm in. Right now, TB on ME.

    I'll test Launchy on 98SE with Moz 1.7.12, and report back.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 1, 2005