Problem with The Meaning of Life Solved !!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mr. KiTe, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. Mr. KiTe

    Mr. KiTe Guest

    This is my experience, thought I would share.

    Bought mine for $15 new through amazon Marketplace, got it today. I was
    quite concerned with all the bad reports.

    I had read positive reviews on The Home Theater Forum, and DVD Empire
    praising the picture as the best it could of been. I also read several
    customer comments not complaining, some not having any problems, and
    some only on certain players.

    But the majority of us all have the problem of the combing picture in
    the Disc 1 (movie). I open it, put in disc 1 and see the same thing, my
    first instinct was to try adjusting it, I fiddled with the DvD remote,
    and within a minute PROBLEM SOLVED !

    What solved it?: I went to DVD PLAYER MENU = then to SETUP VIDEO OUTPUT,
    on "Video Source" there were 3 options:
    Auto, Film, Video. I had it set on Auto, I changed it to "Video", and it
    came through Perfect!

    I suggest everyone check their player menu's to see if this option is
    available and if it will work for them too.

    I have a Philips Progressive Scan model, but I have only got it plugged
    in through the PbPy.. jack on my 60 inch Philips Tv…

    Now it's a perfect set for me! If only it had a Booklet/Insert inside.
    Just like "Carlito's Way CE" didn't have any inlay card. Universal is
    becoming more budget conscious and joins the list of Mgm, and Disney for
    not including inserts on some titles. "Sea of Love CE" (a cheaper budget
    title) released on the same day DID have an insert, so it's not
    permanant. You'd think they would include it on the expensive set
    instead of the cheapest title! Let's hope for the price we pay the new
    Scarface will have insert inside!

    Mr. KiTe, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Mr. KiTe

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>,
    Mr. KiTe <> wrote:

    > What solved it?: I went to DVD PLAYER MENU = then to SETUP VIDEO OUTPUT,
    > on "Video Source" there were 3 options:
    > Auto, Film, Video. I had it set on Auto, I changed it to "Video", and it
    > came through Perfect!

    Some of us don't have that option. You simply found a way to have your
    player correct the problem, or at least the effects of it. The problem
    exists, and it's a pain in the ass for the rest of us.

    Max Volume, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Mr. KiTe

    shawn Guest

    Great! Now that you've solved the problem with The Meaning of Life, maybe
    you can devote your energies to solving The True Nature of God!

    shawn, Sep 11, 2003
  4. On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:41:46 -0400, "shawn"
    <> wrote:

    >Great! Now that you've solved the problem with The Meaning of Life, maybe
    >you can devote your energies to solving The True Nature of God!

    Everything will become clear after you've read his final message to
    Creation.

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Sep 11, 2003
  5. >But the majority of us all have the problem of the combing picture in
    >the Disc 1 (movie). I open it, put in disc 1 and see the same thing, my
    >first instinct was to try adjusting it, I fiddled with the DvD remote,
    >and within a minute PROBLEM SOLVED !
    >
    >What solved it?: I went to DVD PLAYER MENU =3D then to SETUP VIDEO OUTPUT,=
    >
    >on "Video Source" there were 3 options:
    >Auto, Film, Video. I had it set on Auto, I changed it to "Video", and it
    >came through Perfect!
    >
    >I suggest everyone check their player menu's to see if this option is
    >available and if it will work for them too.

    So is the disc not encoded in 24p?

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker

    Sydney Assbasket, Sep 12, 2003
  6. Mr. KiTe

    Otter Guest

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:00:18 +0200, Mischa van Dinter
    <> wrote:

    >Everything will become clear after you've read his final message to
    >Creation.

    Which was: "We apologize for the inconvienence."

    -Otter

    Otter, Sep 14, 2003