Problem with static IP for pptp clients

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Adam Wo³k-Jankowski, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. Hello.
    I have a big problem and i hope that someone can help me with this.
    I have a pptp vpdn server on CISCO 3620 and pptp clients on Win XP and
    behind 3Com routers.
    All works fine but i have to do static IP pooling for clients. Now they get
    an IP from pool and the address is not always the same.

    There is no problem with Win XP - they can simply configure static IP for
    vpn interface and that's ok.

    With 3Com it isn't so easy. There is no way to configure static IP for vpn
    interface. The only way is to get an IP form pptp server.
    However I don't know how to static mappings: login -> IP on 3620.
    I need this because I must add static routes on 3620 to networks behind 3Com
    routers.

    I try to use RIP on virtual-template interface but, as I thougth, it doesn't
    work.

    3Com routers are all connected to ADSL lines provided by another ISP. There
    is dynamic address assigments on ADSL so I don't know tunnel soures.

    Could anybody help me?
    --
    Z powazaniem:
    Adam Wo³k-Jankowski