    Also plays sound fine on PC games. My sytstem is Windows XP and my
    computer is a Dell 8400. Anyone have any idea what is wrong and how I
    can fix it--or what I should look for?
    joe, Dec 24, 2005

  2. joe

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    joe wrote:
    > This is an odd one to me--about two weeks ago my computer stopped
    > playing sound on e-cards and music videos. THose sounds played fine
    > before. It plays the video fine but no sound. It plays sound fine with
    > everything else, such as I-Tune songs, ESPN 360, C-span, and such.
    > Also plays sound fine on PC games. My sytstem is Windows XP and my
    > computer is a Dell 8400. Anyone have any idea what is wrong and how I
    > can fix it--or what I should look for?

    Automatic updates downgrade??
    Sjouke Burry, Dec 24, 2005

  3. joe

    Erick Pratt Guest

    Sjourke has a point. I've found that the drivers from Windows update cause
    more problems than they "fix." Try to get the latest drivers from the
    motherboard maker or sound chip maker.

    Also, have you recently installed any new apps such as Real1? Sometimes they
    will "hijack" audio settings. If you have, remove the app and try again.

    Erick Pratt, Jan 2, 2006
  4. joe

    Guest

    Thanks to both for the responses. I think I have found the culprit but
    not the solution. The culprit seems to be Quicktime. I am going to
    delete it and reinstall it and see if that solves the problem.
    Erick Pratt wrote:
    > Sjourke has a point. I've found that the drivers from Windows update cause
    > more problems than they "fix." Try to get the latest drivers from the
    > motherboard maker or sound chip maker.
    >
    > Also, have you recently installed any new apps such as Real1? Sometimes they
    > will "hijack" audio settings. If you have, remove the app and try again.
    >
    > "Sjouke Burry" <> wrote in message
    > joe wrote:
    > > This is an odd one to me--about two weeks ago my computer stopped
    > > playing sound on e-cards and music videos. THose sounds played fine
    > > before. It plays the video fine but no sound. It plays sound fine with
    > > everything else, such as I-Tune songs, ESPN 360, C-span, and such.
    > > Also plays sound fine on PC games. My sytstem is Windows XP and my
    > > computer is a Dell 8400. Anyone have any idea what is wrong and how I
    > > can fix it--or what I should look for?
    > >

    > Automatic updates downgrade??
    , Jan 4, 2006