    Also, the E drive has WXP Pro installed and when booting to that drive, WXP
    Pro does not fully boot up all programs and has other problems with shutting
    down.
    Bozo Clown, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Bozo Clown

    William Guest

    2614 » Windows 2000 fails with STOP 0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE?

    If you receive the subject message, a driver does not handle power state
    transition requests properly. This most often happems during shutdown or
    during suspending or resuming from standby or hibernate mode.

    You must update or remove the offending device driver or file system filter
    driver, possibly installed by an anti-virus, remote control, or backup
    program.

    To locate the offending driver:

    1. Use %SystemRoot%\System32\Sigverif.exe to check for unsigned drivers.

    2. Check for driver updates from your systems vendor.

    3. Update any software that contains file system filter drivers.

    4. Uninstall non-critical devices and sofware in an attempt to isolate the
    offending driver.

    5. Install an alternate copy of Windows 2000 in a different partition. Add
    drivers and software until you locate the offending driver.

    William, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Bozo Clown

    °Mike° Guest

    Windows 2000 fails with STOP 0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBF/TIP2600/rh2614.htm

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:50:01 GMT, in
    <tfuNb.8346$>
    Bozo Clown scrawled: