    Any ideas

    Thanks in advance
    Foglerman
    Fogler, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Fogler

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Fogler wrote:

    > Hi gang, can anyone help with this one ?
    > Whenever I create and click on the desktop shortcut to
    > my CD ROM drive (D) i get a message saying
    > that the drive D is missing or has been moved.
    > Works fine when I run it from My Computer
    > Any ideas

    How did you create the shortcut?

    I have found if you drag and drop onto the desktop, it gives the result
    you have found (in XP), but if I right click, create new shortcut and
    then browse to the drive and create the shortcut that way, it opens the
    drive, providing of course, a CD is present. If the shortcut just shows
    the CD icon, with the shortcut arrow, with the text CD Drive, it should
    work fine. If the text shows Shortcut to CD Drive, it only works if
    the CD which was in the drive at the time the shortcut was created is in
    there again.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus