Problem with shared printer

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by SteveShark, Jun 12, 2007.

  1. SteveShark

    SteveShark Guest

    I don't have enough hair left to tear out any more..........maybe you
    can help me keep what little remains........ ;)

    I have a W2K desktop system with a Netgear DGB34G router. Connected
    via USB is an Epson RX520. I'm trying to get a laptop running Vista
    Home Premium to print with no success, although an XP laptop has no
    problems.

    The Vista laptop keeps asking for an updated printer driver, although
    I've installed all updated drivers both in the desktop and the Vista
    laptop.

    The wireless connection between the Vista laptop and the rest of the
    network is fine - everything sees everything else and I can surf the
    interweb from the Vista machine with no problems.

    Is this an example of Vista incompatibility, user stupidity or
    something else?

    I've searched as much as I can elsewhere but I can't find anything
    else useful to try.

    Many TIA.

    Steve.
    SteveShark, Jun 12, 2007