problem with scangear toolbox!! (canon scanner)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Larry Michael Mask, Jan 3, 2004.

  1. Hey, I have an annoying weird problem. I have Canon Scangear toolbox CS 2.1
    with a
    CanoScan FB636U scanner on (win98). something happened that we we're unable
    to scan to fax/printer/email
    (throught the scangear toolbox itself) I'm convinced that if I can solve the
    mail issue, i'll be able to
    to solve the others. In the settings of the toolbox, the mail is set to
    system default via MAPI
    except it dosen't show the mail button on the toolbox. When I click on the
    *show this button on toolbar*
    and hit *ok*, a popup window says: the system default mail system is not
    available. When I install this on
    another computer for the hell of it, it works! I it detects the outlook
    express settings somehow
    and I can scan and email! I've checked outlook is the default.
    (start/run/mailto: spawns outlook express also) I've also tried multiple
    versions of the toolbox. Right now, I'm able to scan to a file and Ulead
    Photoexpress, but not
    to email and fax as before. And it worked fine before...

    plz help

    thanks

    SD
    Larry Michael Mask, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Larry Michael Mask

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Larry Michael Mask posted ...

    > Hey, I have an annoying weird problem. I have Canon Scangear toolbox
    > CS 2.1 with a
    > CanoScan FB636U scanner on (win98). something happened that we we're
    > unable to scan to fax/printer/email
    > (throught the scangear toolbox itself) I'm convinced that if I can
    > solve the mail issue, i'll be able to
    > to solve the others. In the settings of the toolbox, the mail is set
    > to system default via MAPI
    > except it dosen't show the mail button on the toolbox. When I click
    > on the *show this button on toolbar*
    > and hit *ok*, a popup window says: the system default mail system is
    > not available. When I install this on
    > another computer for the hell of it, it works! I it detects the
    > outlook express settings somehow
    > and I can scan and email! I've checked outlook is the default.
    > (start/run/mailto: spawns outlook express also) I've also tried
    > multiple versions of the toolbox. Right now, I'm able to scan to a
    > file and Ulead Photoexpress, but not
    > to email and fax as before. And it worked fine before...
    >
    > plz help
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > SD

    Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing it all ?

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Larry Michael Mask

    Brian Guest

    "Larry Michael Mask" <> wrote in message

    > Hey, I have an annoying weird problem. I have Canon Scangear toolbox CS

    2.1
    > with a
    > CanoScan FB636U scanner on (win98). something happened that we we're

    unable <<Snip>>

    Had exactly the same problem, I had to reinstall in the end.
    Brian, Jan 3, 2004
  4. Larry Michael Mask

    SD Guest

    I have, but reinstall what exactly?