    3.0 ht processer
    80 gb hard disk
    1 gb ram (512*2) hddr2
    alok_rhct, May 4, 2006

  2. alok_rhct

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    More information needed....

    I'm not sure if you are adding a SATA drive, or if you are adding an optical drive. I'm an AMD kind of guy, and I'm not up on the latest Intel motherboard issues, but if you are trying to add a SATA drive, you probably need the drivers in Windows to see it, along with making sure the BIOS has SATA enabled. You typically get a driver floppy with SATA drives, but if you didn't get one, you can go to the manufacturer's web site and download the driver. Use the Administrative tools, computer management, to see if the drive is showing up in your system. It won't be usable until you format it with NTFS, so click on the drive if it's there and tell windows to format it as a primary drive.:p
    bigal, May 11, 2006