    all other software that requires its use.
    TIA
    Tony

    Tony, Nov 9, 2005

  2. It's a Roxio problem. Apparently they don't, yet, support that model.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 9, 2005

  3. Tony

    John Barnes Guest

    You should at least try the procedures outlined in the readme.

    John Barnes, Nov 9, 2005
  4. Tony

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Nov 9, 2005
  5. Tony

    John Barnes Guest

    Funny, drag-to-disk worked fine on mine.

    John Barnes, Nov 10, 2005
  6. Tony

    John Barnes Guest

    Sorry but it is not supported
    http://rpp.roxio.com/drives/?page=supported_drives&ltr=S

    John Barnes, Nov 10, 2005
  7. Tony

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Nov 10, 2005
  8. Tony

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Nov 10, 2005
  9. Hi, I'm new to this so here I go. I have an NEC 3520AW and a Sony 700A on my
    64 PC. Neither drive is seen with Roxio 8, but it seems to be a DAO problem.
    After loading Roxio 8 and rebooting the PC goes directly to trying to
    install DAO.msi, but can't find the file. It attempts this about 3 times and
    then goes away. I can open Roxio 8, but no drives are discovered. It also
    makes it so I no longer can see the drives in Nero 6 and Record Now 7. Once
    I back out Roxio 8 everything returns to normal. Anyone else have this
    experience or have any suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?U2tlbGx5NTA=?=, Nov 19, 2005
  10. Tony

    John Barnes Guest

    Doesn't look like your Sony is supported, but your NEC seems to require that
    you run the updater, depending on the version you have. Check the link in
    my previous email below.
    http://rpp.roxio.com/drives/?page=supported_drives&ltr=N
    Personally, since with version 7 they had a 120MB update about a month after
    it was released, and with all the problems I have had with version 8
    (especially on my x86 system), I am going to wait to install again after the
    feedback they receive results in a better product. If Sonics reputation
    holds, that may never happen and I wasted my money, though Barb says it
    works on Vista, so maybe in 18 months I will install it there (hope they
    have fixed Drag-to-Disk by then).

    John Barnes, Nov 19, 2005
  11. Thanks for the info. I didn't know that linked existed.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2tlbGx5NTA=?=, Nov 19, 2005
  12. Tony

    John Barnes Guest

    It was in the ReadMe, which doesn't get read as often as it should.

    John Barnes, Nov 19, 2005
  13. It's strange that on my XP 32 bit machine the Sony drive is recognized by
    Roxio 8 and works withyout any problems. I'm still concerned that Roxio 8
    causes havok with the Data Access Objects on the 64 machine but no problem on
    the 32 machine. Any ideas.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2tlbGx5NTA=?=, Nov 19, 2005
  14. Tony

    John Barnes Guest

    The whole interface with Roxio 8 is strange. If you read the postings
    reviewing the product elsewhere, you will find that it will work on one mobo
    in one machine and not on the same mobo in another machine. At this point
    it is an ' if you install it you are on your own ' situation. Depending on
    the mobo and your other software installed, and maybe even different BIOS
    settings, you can have really strange results.
    I personally made the decision to go back to 7 which works fine, except
    drag-to-disk. I am waiting on the re-do, like they had with 7.
    Sorry I have no ideas about your DAO problems on 64-bit only.

    John Barnes, Nov 19, 2005
  15. Which version of 7? 7.0 or 7.5? I have both and I couldn't get either to
    load on 64. That's why I brought 8.0.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2tlbGx5NTA=?=, Nov 19, 2005
  16. Tony

    John Barnes Guest

    7.0 but you have to do a custom install and not include drag to disk

    John Barnes, Nov 19, 2005
  17. Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2tlbGx5NTA=?=, Nov 19, 2005