Problem with root directory in PC-WIN98

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by EduardoE, Dec 9, 2005.

  1. EduardoE

    EduardoE Guest

    I have a very big problem. A crazy program deletes all files in the
    root folder (C:\) and is for me imposible to restart the computer. I
    recover some data, but is unsufficent.

    I need if anyone can help me sending in a ZIP file a copy of the
    following files:

    msdos.sys
    io.sys
    videorom.bin
    command.com

    -and another base files-
    and a operational autoexec.bat and a config.sys.

    This computer runs Win98, 192 RAM, in Spanish.

    Please, send this files in a ZIP file to e (dot) escarez (at) gmail
    (dot) com.

    EduardoE, Dec 9, 2005

  2. EduardoE

    Unk Guest

    On 8 Dec 2005 22:04:33 -0800, "EduardoE" <> wrote:

    >I have a very big problem. A crazy program deletes all files in the
    >root folder (C:\) and is for me imposible to restart the computer. I
    >recover some data, but is unsufficent.
    >
    >I need if anyone can help me sending in a ZIP file a copy of the
    >following files:
    >
    >msdos.sys
    >io.sys
    >videorom.bin
    >command.com
    >
    >-and another base files-
    >and a operational autoexec.bat and a config.sys.
    >
    >This computer runs Win98, 192 RAM, in Spanish.
    >
    >Please, send this files in a ZIP file to e (dot) escarez (at) gmail
    >(dot) com.

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, "Add/Remove Programs", click the tab, "Startup Disk",
    click the "Create Disk" button.

    Boot with the floppy in the drive and at the A:\ prompt type the following:

    sys c:

    Remove the floppy and boot normally.

    Unk, Dec 9, 2005

  3. EduardoE

    Trax Guest

    "EduardoE" <> wrote:

    |>I have a very big problem. A crazy program deletes all files in the
    |>root folder (C:\) and is for me imposible to restart the computer. I
    |>recover some data, but is unsufficent.
    |>
    |>I need if anyone can help me sending in a ZIP file a copy of the
    |>following files:
    |>
    |>msdos.sys
    |>io.sys
    |>videorom.bin
    |>command.com

    I took a win98 bootdisk from Bootdisk.com and created a zip file for
    you - without videorom.bin and it's in english :)
    you can find the file here:
    http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=091205/1134109178/Win98.zip

    --
    Nerd pr0n
    http://hwpr0n.se/

    Trax, Dec 9, 2005
  4. EduardoE

    Trax Guest

    Trax <> wrote:

    |>I took a win98 bootdisk from Bootdisk.com and created a zip file for
    |>you - without videorom.bin and it's in english :)
    |>you can find the file here:
    |>http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=091205/1134109178/Win98.zip

    It's been awhile. You need to follow Unk's advice about sys a: c: to
    replace io.sys; it's sits in a special spot on the disk and expected
    to be found there, you can't just copy it.

    --
    Nerd pr0n
    http://hwpr0n.se/

    Trax, Dec 9, 2005