    days, and it's now been 6 and I can't get anyone there to get back to me.

    --
    Brian J. Whiting

    Brian Whiting, Jun 11, 2007

  2. Brian Whiting

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:02:42 -0400, "Brian Whiting" <>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone have any knowledge about the Rocketpod by Acomdata? A USB
    >external Hard drive that's supposed to just come up as a new drive letter,
    >but it's giving me fits. And Acomdata's supposed to get back to you in 3
    >days, and it's now been 6 and I can't get anyone there to get back to me.

    Might help to give specifics, computer type, operating system, etc.

    Evan Platt, Jun 11, 2007

  3. "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:02:42 -0400, "Brian Whiting" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone have any knowledge about the Rocketpod by Acomdata? A USB
    >>external Hard drive that's supposed to just come up as a new drive letter,
    >>but it's giving me fits. And Acomdata's supposed to get back to you in 3
    >>days, and it's now been 6 and I can't get anyone there to get back to me.

    > Might help to give specifics, computer type, operating system, etc.

    I wanted to see if someone had experience with a particular product. I have
    and AMD (Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1) with Windows XP Home SP 2. 256 MB
    physical mem, 2 GB virtual mem.

    --
    Brian J. Whiting

    Brian Whiting, Jun 11, 2007
  4. "Brian Whiting" <> wrote in message
    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:02:42 -0400, "Brian Whiting" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does anyone have any knowledge about the Rocketpod by Acomdata? A USB
    >>>external Hard drive that's supposed to just come up as a new drive
    >>>letter,
    >>>but it's giving me fits. And Acomdata's supposed to get back to you in 3
    >>>days, and it's now been 6 and I can't get anyone there to get back to me.

    >> Might help to give specifics, computer type, operating system, etc.

    > I wanted to see if someone had experience with a particular product. I
    > have and AMD (Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1) with Windows XP Home SP 2. 256
    > MB physical mem, 2 GB virtual mem.
    >
    > --
    > Brian J. Whiting

    Any other information that anyone needs?

    --
    Brian J. Whiting

    Brian Whiting, Jun 11, 2007
  5. Brian Whiting wrote:

    > Any other information that anyone needs?

    I've still got three blue socks missing. Damned if I can find them.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 11, 2007
  6. Brian Whiting

    Kraftee Guest

    Brian Whiting wrote:
    > "Brian Whiting" <> wrote in message
    >> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>> Might help to give specifics, computer type, operating system,
    >>> etc.

    >> I wanted to see if someone had experience with a particular
    >> product. I have and AMD (Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1) with
    >> Windows XP Home SP 2. 256 MB physical mem, 2 GB virtual mem.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Brian J. Whiting
    >>

    > Any other information that anyone needs?

    With only 256MB of physical memory I would say try being patient, very
    patient, & you may find out the problem doesn't really exist it's just
    that your system is slow...

    Kraftee, Jun 11, 2007
  7. "Kraftee" <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote in message
    > Brian Whiting wrote:
    >> "Brian Whiting" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>> I wanted to see if someone had experience with a particular
    >>> product. I have and AMD (Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1) with
    >>> Windows XP Home SP 2. 256 MB physical mem, 2 GB virtual mem.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Brian J. Whiting
    >>>

    >> Any other information that anyone needs?

    > With only 256MB of physical memory I would say try being patient, very
    > patient, & you may find out the problem doesn't really exist it's just
    > that your system is slow...

    While admittedly my system is very slow, that is not the issue. The
    technician that I was able to finally track down from Acomdata determined it
    was a faulty USB port within the Rocketpod.

    --
    Brian J. Whiting

    Brian Whiting, Jun 12, 2007
  8. Brian Whiting

    Kraftee Guest

    Brian Whiting wrote:
    > "Kraftee" <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote in message
    >> Brian Whiting wrote:
    >>> "Brian Whiting" <> wrote in message

    >>> Any other information that anyone needs?

    >> With only 256MB of physical memory I would say try being patient,
    >> very patient, & you may find out the problem doesn't really exist
    >> it's just that your system is slow...

    > While admittedly my system is very slow, that is not the issue. The
    > technician that I was able to finally track down from Acomdata
    > determined it was a faulty USB port within the Rocketpod.

    It may not be an issue to you but the number of times I see problems
    in the making because the person on the keyboard just won't wait for
    the PC to catch up. I've even had a number of visits claiming poor
    performance of DSL circuits only to find it's the PC which is the
    choke point (you can normally tell by the hard drive being thrashed to
    death on each web page whic is opened), even had one user running XP
    in 16bit mode (no I don't know how either but it apparently was)...

    Glad you got it sorted though...

    Kraftee, Jun 12, 2007