    found.It is like it doesn't recognize the par files that have been
    downloaded.I checked in the options and the right associations are
    there.Nothing has been changed.Any ideas?Thanks for any help!
    cd69, Mar 30, 2006

  2. "cd69" <> wrote in message
    news:VLXWf.204660$B94.80642@pd7tw3no...
    > Hi there!This is a weird one for me.I was verifying files after a
    > download.As usual,before extracting my Rar files,I run Quickpar with the
    > extra parity files I have downloaded in case some of my files are
    > corrupted and I can then recover but now,when I double click on the par
    > files I downloaded,QuickPar open a window and it says 0 recovery blocks
    > and 0 blocks found.It is like it doesn't recognize the par files that have
    > been downloaded.I checked in the options and the right associations are
    > there.Nothing has been changed.Any ideas?Thanks for any help!

    I've had a couple of downloads like that, the PAR files are useless and show
    no blocks. From what I can make out, it is a problem at the uploader's end,
    not yours. You could try opening all of the PAR files in case one is OK, if
    not you'll just have to unrar with what you have, if you are missing blocks
    all you can do is to politely ask the original poster to upload a working
    set of pars.
    mentalguy2004, Mar 30, 2006

  3. cd69

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:07:01 GMT, cd69 wrote:

    >Hi there!This is a weird one for me.I was verifying files after a
    >download.As usual,before extracting my Rar files,I run Quickpar with the
    >extra parity files I have downloaded in case some of my files are corrupted
    >and I can then recover but now,when I double click on the par files I
    >downloaded,QuickPar open a window and it says 0 recovery blocks and 0 blocks

    Use the next par file in the sequence. Tried that as an obvious solution
    a few times and it worked.

    Me
    why?, Mar 30, 2006
  4. cd69

    cd69 Guest

    "mentalguy2004" <> wrote in message

    > "cd69" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi there!This is a weird one for me.I was verifying files after a
    >> download.As usual,before extracting my Rar files,I run Quickpar with the
    >> extra parity files I have downloaded in case some of my files are
    >> corrupted and I can then recover but now,when I double click on the par
    >> files I downloaded,QuickPar open a window and it says 0 recovery blocks
    >> and 0 blocks found.It is like it doesn't recognize the par files that
    >> have been downloaded.I checked in the options and the right associations
    >> are there.Nothing has been changed.Any ideas?Thanks for any help!
    >>

    > I've had a couple of downloads like that, the PAR files are useless and
    > show no blocks. From what I can make out, it is a problem at the
    > uploader's end, not yours. You could try opening all of the PAR files in
    > case one is OK, if not you'll just have to unrar with what you have, if
    > you are missing blocks all you can do is to politely ask the original
    > poster to upload a working set of pars.

    Hi there!Thanks for your reply!I was afraid this was the issue.But the weird
    thing is,just as a fluke test,I copy and paste all the files and par files
    from the folder I had created for this download and put them into my
    original download folder and now the par files are working.What a weird
    thing!
    cd69, Mar 30, 2006
  5. cd69

    cd69 Guest

    > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:07:01 GMT, cd69 wrote:
    >
    >>Hi there!This is a weird one for me.I was verifying files after a
    >>download.As usual,before extracting my Rar files,I run Quickpar with the
    >>extra parity files I have downloaded in case some of my files are
    >>corrupted
    >>and I can then recover but now,when I double click on the par files I
    >>downloaded,QuickPar open a window and it says 0 recovery blocks and 0
    >>blocks

    > Use the next par file in the sequence. Tried that as an obvious solution
    > a few times and it worked.
    >
    > Me

    Yes,done that too before but this time,relocating the files did the trick.Go
    figure!Thanks for your help!
    cd69, Mar 30, 2006