    hope someone out there can help me.

    mek
    , Jan 16, 2007

  2. Matt Ion Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm not able to go into Help in Picassa to access the user forum. I've
    > asked several friends and they have the same problem. It goes to the
    > internet, says the page has expired and then goes back to my photos.
    > Any idea what's going on? Does anyone else have this problem?

    Try this: http://groups.google.com/group/picasa/topics

    Make sure your Picasa is updated to the latest version; an older version may
    have an obsolete link.

    > Also, is there a way to sharpen images.

    When you're editing a picture, go to the Effects tab (across the top-left, Basic
    Fixes - Tuning - Effects): Sharpen is the top-left option. Note that it applies
    what seems to be a semi-intelligent sharpening, but you have no control over it.

    > Other than that, I love using
    > Picassa and it seems everyone I know and meet uses Picassa.

    I like it too - I still use PaintShop Pro X for more serious editing, but Picasa
    works great for fast tweaks. The Auto Contrast, Auto Color, and I'm Feeling
    Lucky (which combines the other two) do a better job than the
    auto-adjust/auto-repair features in anything else I've ever used (it's no
    replacement for proper manual tweaking of course, but it's by far the best
    AUTO-adjust I know of).

    The Picasa Web Album feature is great too - check out my pictures at
    http://picasaweb.google.com/soundy106
    Matt Ion, Jan 16, 2007

  3. Guest

    I have the "options" checked for "automatic update". I have friends
    who are very computer savvy and they too have theirs for "auto update"
    and they're having the same trouble. I'll keep checking on that
    though. Maybe I have some setting wrong although it doesn't appear
    that way.

    Thanks for the "sharpen" info. I KNEW I saw it there somewhere. I
    think I like my Microsoft Digital 10 "sharpen" feature better though.
    I haven't gotten into doing a web album but it'll happen this year.
    With everyone having friends and family living in distant cities, it's
    a nice way to let them into our lives and get a glimpse of what we do
    for fun.

    I checked out your photo's. Very very interesting - quite good.

    mek
    , Jan 17, 2007
  4. Guest

    Well, I just downloaded an updated version and it didn't help. Not
    sure what to do now. There seems to be nobody to communicate with at
    Picassa.
    MEK
    , Jan 17, 2007
  5. Matt Ion Guest

    wrote:
    > Well, I just downloaded an updated version and it didn't help. Not
    > sure what to do now. There seems to be nobody to communicate with at
    > Picassa.
    > MEK

    I gave you the direct link to the Picasa user forums in my previous message.

    You can always find all relevant links at http://picasa.google.com
    Matt Ion, Jan 17, 2007
  6. Ped Guest

    Ped, Jan 17, 2007