    the outside is xxx.233.252.13/30 routed to xxx.233.252.13/30.How can i
    get my computers connected to the inside interface browse the internet
    ?? !!

    skotostras, Apr 19, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    skotostras <> wrote:
    :Hi i am trying to install a pix in a campus network to access a core
    :switch.I am using real ips.The inside interface is xxx.233.235.1/24 and
    :the outside is xxx.233.252.13/30 routed to xxx.233.252.13/30.

    You are routing the outside interface to itself ??

    :How can i
    :get my computers connected to the inside interface browse the internet

    If you can count on proxy arp, then just do a basic configuration,
    ip address the inside, ip address the outside, nat (inside) 1 the
    internal IP address range, global (outside) 1 interface
    and make sure the default route is set to the next hop.

    If you cannot count on proxy arp, then the configuration is as above
    but the router must also be specifically set to route the appropriate
    subnet to the PIX.

    If you want the outside to see the internal IP addresses unchanged, then
    static (inside, outside) xxx.233.235.0 xxx.233.235.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
    and skip the nat and global statements; after that it is as per above,
    except that it becomes increasingly likely in that case that you will
    need to have the router explicitly route the internal IPs to the
    outside interface of the PIX.
    --
    "[...] it's all part of one's right to be publicly stupid." -- Dave Smey

    Walter Roberson, Apr 19, 2005